Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 150 results Archival description

150 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

27 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-12
  • Item
  • 1995

The building located at 27 John St. West (on the northeast corner of John and Moore Streets) was built around 1890 in the Gothic Revival style. It was the home of John Lee (a retired farmer from north of Bradford) for many years. After World War I...

Nancy Smith

23 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-11
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 23 John St. West was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. It was the home of retired farmer Walter King (during and after the war) until his death. The one-storey, three-bay cottage has a rectan...

Nancy Smith

19 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-09
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 19 John St. West was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular style. Frank Adamson, who ran a gas station, lived in this house after World War II. It later became the home of Henry Bell and Phyllis for a short tim...

Nancy Smith

13 and 15 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-08
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block duplex located at 13 and 15 John St. West was built pre-1900 in the Neoclassical Duplex style. During the 1920’s, the building was moved back from the street and onto new concrete foundations that were built by Leonard Saint. The bui...

Nancy Smith

33 John Street East - The Dr. Lewis Campbell House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-06
  • Item
  • 1995

The Dr. Lewis Campbell House is a mid-block building located at 33 John St. East. It was built in 1900 in the Eclectic Edwardian style. Dr. Lewis H. Campbell was a well-known physician, athlete, and field lacrosse player. He travelled with the loc...

Nancy Smith

45 Holland Street East - The Edmund Garrett House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-25-05
  • Item
  • 1995

The Edmund Garrett House is a two-storey building located at 45 Holland St. East. It was built in the Classic Revival style in the 1880’s (after the fire of 1871 that destroyed much of Bradford’s downtown). The building was converted into two liv...

Nancy Smith

107 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-04
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building on the north side at 107 John St. East was built around the 1880’s in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. The main house was moved to this site from the saw mill in Amsterdam during the early 1900’s. It was the home of Arthur ...

Nancy Smith

101 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-04
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located on the north side at 101 John St. East was built pre-1900 in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. Originally, there was a woodshed across the back. It was the home of Mrs. Leduc or Mrs. Paul Courier, a French descendant...

Nancy Smith

84 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-17
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 84 John St. East was built around 1920-1930’s in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. It was erected on property that was originally owned by Tom Saint and was the site of his storage lot (behind his business on ...

Nancy Smith

65 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-12
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building located at 65 John St. East was built pre-1900 in the Gothic Revival style. It was the home of Miss Hayes and her two sisters many years ago. They were known for lending money, especially to John Rob and family. The first Du...

Nancy Smith

Results 41 to 50 of 150