45 Holland Street East - The Edmund Garrett House
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-25-05
The Edmund Garrett House is a two-storey building located at 45 Holland St. East. It was built in the Classic Revival style in the 1880’s (after the fire of 1871 that destroyed much of Bradford’s downtown). The building was converted into two liv...
83 Holland Street East
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-27-03
The mid-block structure located at 83 Holland St. East was built in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. It was constructed pre-1900 on what was once the site of a pop manufacturing plant. According to local history, bottles were still being une...
4 Holland Street West
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-28-02
The original building located at 4 Holland St. West (on the southwest corner of Holland and Simcoe Streets) was built in the 1840’s and was situated on land originally owned by James Drury. He was one of the early immigrants who reached Upper Cana...
22 Holland Street West - The Queen's Hotel
- CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-28-23-2017-03-28-24
The Queen’s Hotel (located at 22 Holland St. West) was built circa 1850. This photo (taken in the fall of 1995) shows the structure just before a major renovation. The hotel went “dry” during WWI. Bradford, like all of Ontario, was experiencing pr...
61 Holland Street East - The Bradford Town Hall
- CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-25-08-2017-03-25-09
The Bradford Town Hall is located at 61 Holland St. East. It survived the fire of 1871 that destroyed much of Bradford’s downtown. The building was being used as a schoolhouse in 1875 when a severe wind storm blew off the roof and killed a member ...
26 Holland Street West - Gardner's Hardware building
- CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-28-26
This building is located at 26 Holland St. West. H.F.S. Gardner, his wife Bertha, and children Tom and Ada (who was in a wheelchair) moved from Newmarket to this area in 1920. They opened a combination general and hardware store that sold clothing...
D.G. Bevan Insurance Brokers, Ltd.
- CA BWGPL LHC-TownBWG-Muni-BWGCol-2016-11-09-11
The building of the D.G. Bevan Insurance Brokers, Ltd. at 61 Holland Street West. This building currently houses the Hearing Sciences Audiology and Hearing Aid Centre. It was built in the 1880s by Mark Scanlon Jr., son of the one of the town found...
Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library
Town of BWG Staff Photograph Collection
- CA BWGPL LHC-TownBWG-Muni-BWGCol
These photographs, maps, and files were part of a donation to the library from the Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury. The pictures were taken by municipal workers and staff between around 1989 and 2001. The entire collection consists of approx. 36...
Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury
Jackson, George & Saint, Joe Audio
- CA BWGPL OH-Jackson & Saint-Jackson & Saint Audio
Audio of a presentation given by George Jackson and Joe Saint at the Bradford Rotary Club. The Library's Local History collection is discussed as it a bit of local history. Additionally, Joe Saint outlines his family history. See the Related Descr...
Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives