Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Mostrar 4639 resultados Descrição arquivística

3176 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

15 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-02
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located on the north side at 15 John Street East was built around 1890 in the Eclectic Neoclassical style. It was the home of Miss Arnold, a well-respected member of the community, during WWI. Dick Saint had part of the hous...

Nancy Smith

18 John Street East - The Morton House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-03
  • Item
  • 1996

The Morton House is located mid-block on the south side at 18 John St. East (between Barrie and Nelson Streets). There is a common laneway adjacent to the lot on the south side. The house was built around the 1860-80’s in the Gothic Revival Cottag...

Nancy Smith

23 and 25 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-04
  • Item
  • 1996

This mid-block structure is located at 23 and 25 John St. East. It was built around 1830-1860 in the Neoclassical Duplex style. Lewis Algeo, one of the first Irish settlers in West Gwillimbury and a retired farmer, once lived in the west side of t...

Nancy Smith

33 John Street East - The Dr. Lewis Campbell House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-06
  • Item
  • 1995

The Dr. Lewis Campbell House is a mid-block building located at 33 John St. East. It was built in 1900 in the Eclectic Edwardian style. Dr. Lewis H. Campbell was a well-known physician, athlete, and field lacrosse player. He travelled with the loc...

Nancy Smith

70 and 72 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-13
  • Item
  • 1995

The structure located at 70 and 72 John St. East is a double, T-shaped, frame house once owned by Jim Spence (the former owner of the Spence Lumber Company). Jim and his children, Minnie (Hammel) and Alex, lived on the east side of the building (...

Janice Hopkins

78 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-15
  • Item
  • 1995

The structure located at 78 John St. East was built by George Saint in 1900. The two-storey, frame house had a kitchen at the rear. When George moved to Toronto (around 1916), it became the home of Miss Minnie Parkhill for many years. She finally ...

Janice Hopkins

20 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-10
  • Item
  • 1995

This photo (from 1995) shows the remains of the foundation wall of a large, natural-ice skating rink that was once located on the southeast corner of Moore (Lovers’ Lane) and 20 John St. West. The rink, built in 1910, was owned by Thompson Fisher....

Janice Hopkins

81 John Street West - Bradford Presbyterian Church

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-17
  • Item
  • 1996

The Bradford Presbyterian Church was once located at 81 John St. West (on the northwest corner of Church and John Streets). A Presbyterian church in Bradford dates back to 1856. The original frame building was built on this site and used until 189...

Nancy Smith

89 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-18
  • Item
  • 1995

This house was once located at 89 John St. West. It was probably built pre-Confederation and it was considered to be one the best examples of the Regency Cottage style of building in Bradford. The one-storey, stucco, square building had an additio...

Janice Hopkins

123 John Street West - The Former Presbyterian Manse

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-03
  • Item
  • 1996

The former Presbyterian Manse is located at 123 John St. West (on the northeast corner of John and Essa Streets). It was built around 1880 in the Eclectic Neoclassical style. Presbyterian ministers lived here in the 1920-1930’s. Rev. McLaren and h...

Nancy Smith

Resultados 41 a 50 de 4639