Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 266 results Archival description

264 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

61 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-09
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 61 Simcoe Road was built around 1850-1880 in the Classic Revival style. Emerson Glover and his wife and children (Betty, Wilma, Joe and Mary) moved to this house from Coulson’s Hill. He had Len Saint build a cemen...

Nancy Smith

87 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-14
  • Item
  • 1995

The two-storey house located at 87 Simcoe Road (at the corner of Edward St. and Simcoe Road) was the home of Miss Henderson many years ago. She was a kind, elderly lady who helped a number of poorer people in Bradford. There was a barn and a garde...

Janice Hopkins

73 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-12
  • Item
  • 1995

The house currently located at 73 Simcoe Road was built by Morton in 1995 . The original structure at this site was destroyed by fire. It had been the home of Ernest (Boo) Rogers and his wife and children (Frank, Eric, Florence, Amos, Jacqueline, ...

Janice Hopkins

70 and 72 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-11
  • Item
  • 1995

The units located at 70 Simcoe Road (north side) and 72 Simcoe Road (south side) are part of an apartment building that was erected in 1980. The property was originally the site of a large, frame house that had a woodshed, chicken house, and a hor...

Janice Hopkins

64 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-10
  • Item
  • 1995

The house located at 64 Simcoe Road was built on what was originally a vacant lot to the west of the Aiken’s property. The lot was sold to Leonard Saint by the McDonald sisters in 1946. Len built a frame, stucco house on the property in the winter...

Janice Hopkins

47 and 49 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-07
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building located at 47/49 Simcoe Road was built around 1830-1860 in the Neoclassical Duplex style. Originally, there was a long, one-storey, frame house located at this site. It had a verandah on the northwest side, a picket fence al...

Nancy Smith

46 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-06
  • Item
  • 1996

The building located at 46 Simcoe Road (on the corner of Thomas St. and Simcoe Road) was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. James Church, and then Jimmie Jackson, his wife, and son once lived in this house. Jimmie worked for t...

Nancy Smith

31 Simcoe Road - The Wilkinson House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-04
  • Item
  • 1996

The Wilkinson House is a mid-block building located at 31 Simcoe Road. It was built by Art Saint and/or George Stoddart around 1923 in the Arts and Crafts style. The house was sold to Chris Long, his daughter, and her husband Fred Wilkinson (a pri...

Nancy Smith

33 Colborne Street - The Dan Collings House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-19
  • Item
  • 1995

The Dan Collings House is located mid-block at 33 Colborne Street. It was built in the Gothic Revival style in the 1880’s. There were once barns (for animals and equipment as well as for marsh hay) on the property. It was the original home of Dan ...

Nancy Smith

30 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-03
  • Item
  • 1995

The building located at 30 Simcoe Road was known as the Lathangue & Skwarchuk Funeral Home when this photo was taken in 1995. The Kilkenny family was the first to serve Bradford with a funeral home in 1836. Neil Lathangue owned the business from 1...

Janice Hopkins

Results 41 to 50 of 266