Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Affichage de 69 résultats Description archivistique

68 résultats avec objets numériques Afficher les résultats avec des objets numériques

79 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-16
  • Pièce
  • 1996

The mid-block structure located at 79 John St. East was built around 1860-1890’s in the Gothic Revival style. Originally, there was a shed and garage attached to the house at the rear and a vacant lot on the east side. This building was the home ...

Nancy Smith

23 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-11
  • Pièce
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 23 John St. West was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. It was the home of retired farmer Walter King (during and after the war) until his death. The one-storey, three-bay cottage has a rectan...

Nancy Smith

65 Moore Street - The John Cook House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-08
  • Pièce
  • 1995

The John Cook House is located mid-block on the east side at 65 Moore Street. It is set well back and was built around 1880 in the Gothic Revival style. The building was owned by the Cook family for many years. Originally, a series of sheds ran al...

Nancy Smith

94 Moore Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-09
  • Pièce
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 94 Moore Street was built in the 1920’s in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. It was once the home of the Simpkin family. George Simpkin was a plumber and electrician. His brother Robert was a policeman. On the...

Nancy Smith

108 Moore Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-11
  • Pièce
  • 1995

The stately house located at 108 Moore Street (on the northwest corner of Moore and Frederick Streets) was built around 1880 in the Eclectic Gothic Revival style. Originally, it was the home of the Andrew Thompson family. He was the owner of a har...

Nancy Smith

79 Barrie Street - The Davey House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-08-09-2017-03-08-10
  • Partiellement
  • 1996

The Davey House is a large, two-storey house located at 79 Barrie St. (on the northeast corner of Barrie St. and Scanlon Avenue). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1880. There was a two-storey, frame barn on the back of the lot origi...

Nancy Smith

135 Barrie Street - The Fred C. Cook House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-06
  • Pièce
  • 1995

The Fred C. Cook House is located mid-block on the east side at 135 Barrie Street. The house was built in the Arts and Crafts style around 1925 by Art Saint. It is believed that this lot was originally owned by Fred Stoddart. This was the home of ...

Nancy Smith

143 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-14-02
  • Pièce
  • 1996

This is the front view of the house located mid-block on the east side at 143 Barrie Street. It was the last house built by Art, Tom and Len Saint after WWI. The building was constructed in 1925 in the Arts and Crafts style. It became the home of ...

Nancy Smith

31/33 Bingham Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-06
  • Pièce
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 31/33 Bingham St. was built around 1880 in the Neoclassical Duplex style. George “Duke” Lowe built and rented the north half (31), and he and his family lived in the south half (33). He was a farmer who raised cow...

Nancy Smith

33 Colborne Street - The Dan Collings House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-19
  • Pièce
  • 1995

The Dan Collings House is located mid-block at 33 Colborne Street. It was built in the Gothic Revival style in the 1880’s. There were once barns (for animals and equipment as well as for marsh hay) on the property. It was the original home of Dan ...

Nancy Smith

Résultats 41 à 50 sur 69