Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 6030 results Archival description

Only digital objects

123 Moore Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-12
  • Item
  • 1995

The building located mid-block at 123 Moore Street was built pre-1900 in the Gothic Revival style. It stood behind the grand, Italianate villa (The Convent) that was once located at 118 Barrie Street and was the home of the Lukes’ family. Original...

Nancy Smith

125th Anniversary Coin Mock-Up

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Event-Anni-Quasq-2019-03-11-11
  • Item
  • 1982

A mock-up of both sides of a coin to be created to commemorate the 125th anniversary of Bradford. The coins were made of both silver and copper and were able to be used at Bradford businesses in the Downtown.

Town of Bradford

125th Anniversary Coin Options

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Event-Anni-Quasq-2019-03-11-10
  • Item
  • 1982

A drawing of two options for one side of a coin to commemorate the 125th anniversary of Bradford. Option one ended up being chosen and the coins were made of both silver and copper. They were able to be used at Bradford businesses in the Downtown.

Town of Bradford

125th Anniversary Plate from Innisfil

  • CA BWGPL AR-2016-10-21-13
  • Item
  • 1982

Congratulatory plate given by the Township of Innisfil to Bradford, celebrating Bradford's 125th Anniversary.

Township of Innisfil

125th Celebration Poster

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Event-Anni-Quasq-2018-11-09-10
  • Item
  • 1982-06-29

A poster for the celebrations occuring to mark the 125th anniversary of the town of Bradford.

Town of Bradford

126 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-04
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building located on the south side at 126 John St. West was built in the 1880’s in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. Originally, there was a back lane for Jim Woods' house and barn next to this house. Pratt lived here many years ago ...

Nancy Smith

129 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-05
  • Item
  • 1996

Construction of the house located mid-block at 129 Barrie St. (and six others) was begun in 1912 by Lieutenant George Stoddart. When Stoddart went overseas during WWI, the project was completed by builder Art Saint. This house was built in the Edw...

Nancy Smith

129 James Street - The Old Presbyterian Manse

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-20
  • Item
  • 1995

The Old Presbyterian Manse is located at 129 James St. (on the northeast corner of James and Essa Streets). It was built around 1875 in the Neoclassical style. It was being used as a manse at the turn of the century and has since been converted in...

Nancy Smith

13 and 15 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-08
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block duplex located at 13 and 15 John St. West was built pre-1900 in the Neoclassical Duplex style. During the 1920’s, the building was moved back from the street and onto new concrete foundations that were built by Leonard Saint. The bui...

Nancy Smith

130 Church Street - The George Green House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-10
  • Item
  • 1996

The George Green House is a corner building located at 130 Church Street. It was built in the Gothic Revival style in the 1890’s. Originally, there was a barn located in the rear yard. The two-storey, two-bay house has a one-storey kitchen additio...

Nancy Smith

Results 51 to 60 of 6030