Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 235 results Archival description

234 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

150 Toronto Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-24-03
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building located on the west side at 150 Toronto St. (on the corner of Toronto and Queen Streets) was built around 1890-1910 in the Gothic Revival style. The 1½-storey, original farmhouse has a recent, two-storey addition, a simple r...

Nancy Smith

151 Church Street - The Gummerson House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-12
  • Item
  • 1996

The Gummerson House is located at 151 Church St. (on the southeast corner of Church and Queen Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival Cottage style around the 1880’s. The Gummerson family moved to Bradford from Bond Head (on the southwest co...

Nancy Smith

151 Frederick Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-22-06
  • Item
  • 1995

This house is located on the north side at 151 Frederick St. (west of Essa Street). (1, 2)

Janice Hopkins

152 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-14-05
  • Item
  • 1996

The house located at 152 Barrie St. (on the southwest corner of Barrie and Queen Streets) was built in the 1890’s in the Gothic Revival style. The two-storey, ‘L’-shaped building is flanked by recent one and two-storey additions. According to the ...

Nancy Smith

155 Frederick Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-22-07
  • Item
  • 1995

This house is located on the north side at 155 Frederick St. (west of Essa Street). This small structure was the home of Milt Bales for many years. (1, 2)

Janice Hopkins

156 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-07
  • Item
  • 1995

This one-storey house is located at 156 John St. West. The original cladding was stucco and there was a kitchen at the back. Mrs. Belfry owned the building many years ago. After her death, Merle Woodcock bought (and repaired) the house. John Holan...

Janice Hopkins

157 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-04-06-09
  • Item
  • 1995

This bungalow located at 157 John St. West originally had a woodshed on the east side. It was once owned by Bill Semenuk, until he and his family moved to Barrie. He was considered to be a good electrical, radio, and watch repairman. The house was...

Janice Hopkins

162 Barrie Street - Professor Day House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-14-06
  • Item
  • 1995

The Professor Day House is located at 162 Barrie St. (on the northwest corner of Barrie and Queen Streets). It was built in the early 1880’s in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. Stables were originally located in the rear yard. Mrs. Creighton, a d...

Nancy Smith

168 Church Street - The Mark Scanlon House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-14
  • Item
  • 1996

The Mark Scanlon House, also known locally as ‘The Pines’, is located at 168 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Queen Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1850 by Mark Scanlon. He was a lawyer and one of the ori...

Nancy Smith

17 Barrie Street Ray's Sales & Service Ltd.

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-07-02
  • Item
  • 1995

The cement brick building (with an arch) that is located at 17 Barrie St. is not the original structure at this site. Originally, there was a large frame building (used to shelter horses, a stage coach, buggies, cutters, etc.) that was part of a l...

Joe Saint

Results 51 to 60 of 235