Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 274 results Archival description

274 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

151 Church Street - The Gummerson House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-12-2017-03-18-13
  • Part
  • 1995

The Gummerson House is located at 151 Church St. (on the southeast corner of Church and Queen Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival Cottage style around the 1880’s. The Gummerson family moved to Bradford from Bond Head (on the southwest co...

Nancy Smith

168 Church Street - The Mark Scanlon House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-14-2017-03-18-15
  • Part
  • 1996

The Mark Scanlon House, also known locally as ‘The Pines’, is located at 168 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Queen Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1850 by Mark Scanlon. He was a lawyer and one of the ori...

Nancy Smith

168 Church Street - The Mark Scanlon House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-14-2017-03-18-16
  • Part
  • 1996

The Mark Scanlon House, also known locally as ‘The Pines’, is located at 168 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Queen Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1850 by Mark Scanlon. He was a lawyer and one of the ori...

Nancy Smith

168 Church Street - The Mark Scanlon House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-14-2017-03-18-17
  • Part
  • 1995

The Mark Scanlon House, also known locally as ‘The Pines’, is located at 168 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Queen Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1850 by Mark Scanlon. He was a lawyer and one of the ori...

Nancy Smith

63 Frederick Street - The Dougald MacDonald House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-21-10-2017-03-21-11
  • Part
  • 1996

The Dougald MacDonald House is located mid-block at 63 Frederick Street. The house was built pre-1900 (around 1882) in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. It was built by George (Geordy) MacDonald, a bachelor, stone mason, and contractor who emi...

Nancy Smith

22 Holland Street West - The Queen's Hotel

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-28-23-2017-03-28-24
  • Part
  • 1996

The Queen’s Hotel (located at 22 Holland St. West) was built circa 1850. This photo (taken in the fall of 1995) shows the structure just before a major renovation. The hotel went “dry” during WWI. Bradford, like all of Ontario, was experiencing pr...

Janice Hopkins

38 Holland Street West - Collings Furniture & Undertaking

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-29-03-2017-03-29-04
  • Part
  • 1995

The structure located at 38 Holland St. West (on the southwest corner of Holland and Drury Streets) was built around 1900 in the Ontario Vernacular style. B.B. “Ben” Collings lived upstairs with his wife (a Waldruff), and children Bernice, Kathlee...

Nancy Smith

38 Holland Street West - Collings Furniture & Undertaking

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-29-03-2017-03-29-05
  • Part
  • 1996

The structure located at 38 Holland St. West (on the southwest corner of Holland and Drury Streets) was built around 1900 in the Ontario Vernacular style. B.B. “Ben” Collings lived upstairs with his wife (a Waldruff), and children Bernice, Kathlee...

Nancy Smith

92 Holland Street West - Bertha Sinclair's House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-04-2017-04-01-05
  • Part
  • 1995

Miss Sinclair’s House is a mid-block building located on the south side at 92 Holland Street West. It was built in the 1890’s in the Italianate style. Miss Bertha Sinclair lived in this house for many years. When she died, her nieces Kay and Isabe...

Nancy Smith

156 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-07-2017-04-06-08
  • Part
  • 1995

This house is located on the south side at 156 John St. West. It was originally a garage built by Merle Woodcock on his property. The structure was on the laneway that went to Holland Street. This laneway was a popular spot for sleigh rides when t...

Janice Hopkins

Results 51 to 60 of 274