Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 78 results Archivistische beschrijving

Only digital objects

94 Moore Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-09
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 94 Moore Street was built in the 1920’s in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. It was once the home of the Simpkin family. George Simpkin was a plumber and electrician. His brother Robert was a policeman. On the...

Nancy Smith

108 Moore Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-11
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The stately house located at 108 Moore Street (on the northwest corner of Moore and Frederick Streets) was built around 1880 in the Eclectic Gothic Revival style. Originally, it was the home of the Andrew Thompson family. He was the owner of a har...

Nancy Smith

79 Barrie Street - The Davey House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-08-09-2017-03-08-10
  • Deel
  • 1996

The Davey House is a large, two-storey house located at 79 Barrie St. (on the northeast corner of Barrie St. and Scanlon Avenue). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1880. There was a two-storey, frame barn on the back of the lot origi...

Nancy Smith

135 Barrie Street - The Fred C. Cook House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-06
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The Fred C. Cook House is located mid-block on the east side at 135 Barrie Street. The house was built in the Arts and Crafts style around 1925 by Art Saint. It is believed that this lot was originally owned by Fred Stoddart. This was the home of ...

Nancy Smith

143 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-14-02
  • Stuk
  • 1996

This is the front view of the house located mid-block on the east side at 143 Barrie Street. It was the last house built by Art, Tom and Len Saint after WWI. The building was constructed in 1925 in the Arts and Crafts style. It became the home of ...

Nancy Smith

31/33 Bingham Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-06
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 31/33 Bingham St. was built around 1880 in the Neoclassical Duplex style. George “Duke” Lowe built and rented the north half (31), and he and his family lived in the south half (33). He was a farmer who raised cow...

Nancy Smith

33 Colborne Street - The Dan Collings House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-19
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The Dan Collings House is located mid-block at 33 Colborne Street. It was built in the Gothic Revival style in the 1880’s. There were once barns (for animals and equipment as well as for marsh hay) on the property. It was the original home of Dan ...

Nancy Smith

112 Frederick Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-22-04
  • Stuk
  • 1995

This mid-block building is located on a sloping lot at 112 Frederick Street. The structure, which was once the home of the Chantler family, was built on a sloping lot pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. The existing Frederick Street ...

Nancy Smith

12 and 16 Holland Street West - Sutherland's Grocery

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-28-04
  • Stuk
  • 1995

Sutherland’s Grocery Store was once found at 12 Holland St. West (site of Karen’s and Tina’s Flowers in this 1995 photo). Alec Sutherland was a baker. He had a bakeshop on the south side of Simcoe St. that was run for many years by his daughter Je...

Nancy Smith

38 Holland Street West - Collings Furniture & Undertaking

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-29-03
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The structure located at 38 Holland St. West (on the southwest corner of Holland and Drury Streets) was built around 1900 in the Ontario Vernacular style. B.B. “Ben” Collings lived upstairs with his wife (a Waldruff), and children Bernice, Kathlee...

Nancy Smith

Resultaten 51 tot 60 van 78