Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Mostrar 228 resultados Descrição arquivística

227 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

223 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-17
  • Item
  • 1995

This two-storey, frame and cement-clad house is located south of the “Y” at 223 Simcoe Road. Mr. Bruce bought this house and the land (which extended south to the town limits and over the canal) many years ago. A marsh laneway ran east and there w...

Janice Hopkins

56 Toronto Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-24-01
  • Item
  • 1995

The one-storey structure located at 56 Toronto St. was the home of Orville Hand for many years. (1)

Janice Hopkins

60 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-08-05-2017-03-08-06
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building located on the west side at 60 Barrie St. was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. The one-storey, three-bay cottage has a symmetrical façade, a square plan, and a centre hall. A box hall was typical for t...

Nancy Smith

79 Barrie Street - The Davey House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-08-09
  • Item
  • 1995

The Davey House is a large, two-storey house located at 79 Barrie St. (on the northeast corner of Barrie St. and Scanlon Avenue). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1880. There was a two-storey, frame barn on the back of the lot origi...

Nancy Smith

10 Joseph Street (72 Barrie Street) - Dr. Blackwell's House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-10-01-2017-03-10-02
  • Parte
  • 1996

Dr. Gilbert Blackwell’s House is located on the southwest corner of Barrie and Joseph Streets at 72 Barrie Street. His office faced Joseph Street. The structure was built in 1935 by builder Art Saint in the Arts and Crafts style. The simple form h...

Nancy Smith

157 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-04-06-09
  • Item
  • 1995

This bungalow located at 157 John St. West originally had a woodshed on the east side. It was once owned by Bill Semenuk, until he and his family moved to Barrie. He was considered to be a good electrical, radio, and watch repairman. The house was...

Janice Hopkins

26 Colborne Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-18-18
  • Item
  • 1995

The house, which is currently found at 26 Colborne St., was moved to this site many years ago. It was originally located across the river on the west side of Federal Farms Road. The west entrance to Queensville passed through the property. The one...

Joe Saint

Animal Footprint

  • CA BWGPL AR-2018-11-20-02
  • Item
  • 1994

An animal footprint in a building brick. The brick is displayed on a wood mount with a gold plaque. The item was recovered by Bill Patton during the demolition of the Convent in August 1994.

Bill Patton

79 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-03
  • Item
  • 1996

The building located at 79 Holland St. West (on the northeast corner of Holland and Church Streets) was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1890-1910. Wilton Johnson and Irwin Ray, retired farmers, once lived in this house. Wilton worked for ...

Nancy Smith

Resultados 51 a 60 de 228