Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 135 results Archivistische beschrijving

Only digital objects

226 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-15-11
  • Stuk
  • 1996

The house located mid-block on the west side at 226 Barrie St. was built around 1880 in the Gothic Revival style. It is a 1½-storey, ‘L’-shaped building has large window openings with high floor to ceiling heights. The house has a medium-pitched,...

Nancy Smith

23 Church Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-11
  • Stuk
  • 1996

The mid-block building located at 23 Church St. was built pre-1900 in the Neoclassical style. The two-storey, five-bay structure has a rectangular, centre-hall plan and a medium-pitched, gable roof. There are chimneys at either end of the gable. T...

Nancy Smith

232 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-15-12
  • Stuk
  • 1995

This house is located at 232 Barrie St. (on the southwest corner of Barrie and Fletcher Streets). It was built around 1890 in the Eclectic Gothic Revival style. The two-storey, ‘L’-shaped building has a medium-pitched, gable roof and large, symmet...

Nancy Smith

25 Bingham Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-05
  • Stuk
  • 1995

This structure was originally a shed located on property owned by Tom Saint. It was moved to its current site at 25 Bingham St. (south of Centre Street) onto property owned by George “Duke” Lowe. After the shed was restored as a house, Duke marri...

Joe Saint

250 Barrie Street - The Stoddart House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-15-13
  • Stuk
  • 1996

The Stoddart House is located at 250 Barrie Street. It was built around 1870 in the Eclectic Neoclassical style. Some of the early settlers in the Bradford area were members of the Stoddard/Stoddart family. John Stoddard settled along the Bond Hea...

Nancy Smith

26 Colborne Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-18-18
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The house, which is currently found at 26 Colborne St., was moved to this site many years ago. It was originally located across the river on the west side of Federal Farms Road. The west entrance to Queensville passed through the property. The one...

Joe Saint

33 Colborne Street - The Dan Collings House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-19
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The Dan Collings House is located mid-block at 33 Colborne Street. It was built in the Gothic Revival style in the 1880’s. There were once barns (for animals and equipment as well as for marsh hay) on the property. It was the original home of Dan ...

Nancy Smith

39 Drury Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-20-05
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The house located at 39 Drury St. (at the southeast corner of Drury and Thomas Streets) was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. Bob (“Red”) Armstrong, a bachelor, once lived here. Jim Webb eventually bought the property and ren...

Nancy Smith

43/45 Drury Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-20-06
  • Stuk
  • 1996

The mid-block building located at 43 and 45 Drury St. was built in the Neoclassical Duplex style in the 1860-1880’s. Leonard Saint bought the building in 1909 from Mrs. Garrett (mother of E. Garrett who owned the Bradford Witness newspaper). Len w...

Nancy Smith

44 Drury Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-20-07
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The one-storey house once located on the west side at 44 Drury St. had stucco cladding originally. Many years ago it was the home of Fred McKay, his wife, and son (Bruce). Fred was a retired farmer. He had noted gardens (asparagus, strawberries, r...

Janice Hopkins

Resultaten 51 tot 60 van 135