Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Mostrando 234 resultados Descripción archivística

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

234 resultados con objetos digitales Muestra los resultados con objetos digitales

157 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-04-06-09
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

This bungalow located at 157 John St. West originally had a woodshed on the east side. It was once owned by Bill Semenuk, until he and his family moved to Barrie. He was considered to be a good electrical, radio, and watch repairman. The house was...

Janice Hopkins

26 Colborne Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-18-18
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The house, which is currently found at 26 Colborne St., was moved to this site many years ago. It was originally located across the river on the west side of Federal Farms Road. The west entrance to Queensville passed through the property. The one...

Joe Saint

10 and 12 Holland Street West - Compton's IGA

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-03-28-03
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 10 and 12 Holland St. West was built in the Ontario Vernacular style around 1872-1899. The two-storey, commercial, detached ‘row’ building had a narrow rectangular plan with an asymmetrical organization. ‘Main str...

Nancy Smith

79 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-03
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The building located at 79 Holland St. West (on the northeast corner of Holland and Church Streets) was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1890-1910. Wilton Johnson and Irwin Ray, retired farmers, once lived in this house. Wilton worked for ...

Nancy Smith

44 James Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-10
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The house located at 44 James St. was considered to be new when this photo was taken in 1995. (1)

Janice Hopkins

67 James Street - The Broughton House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-14
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The Broughton House is a mid-block building located at 67 James Street. It was built pre-1900 in the Neoclassical Duplex style. This structure was the home of the Post Master (H.S. Broughton) many years ago. The two-storey, rectangular building ha...

Nancy Smith

141 James Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-21
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The building located at 141 James St. was once the home of Alex Spence. It was also rented by Peter Scroogal at one time. (1)

Janice Hopkins

28 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-05
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The house located mid-block at 28 John St. East was built in the Edwardian Classicism style around 1850 in Amsterdam (on the east side of the Holland River). It was moved to its current site in Bradford around 1890 by Sam Lukes to provide housing ...

Nancy Smith

44 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-09
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The mid-block structure located at 44 John St. East was built pre-1900 in Amsterdam (on the east side of the Holland River) in the Ontario Vernacular style. It was later moved to this site. This house was once the home of George Ogilvie, a tailor ...

Nancy Smith

49 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-10
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The house located at 49 John St. East (on the northwest corner of Nelson and John Streets) was built around 1860-1880 in the Gothic Revival style. There was once a large garden on the east side and a small drainage ditch north of the laneway. Dave...

Nancy Smith

Resultados 61 a 70 de 234