Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 123 results Archival description

122 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

33 Joseph Street - The Thorpe House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-04
  • Item
  • 1995

The Thorpe House is located at 33 Joseph St. (on the northeast corner of Joseph and Moore Streets). It was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular style. The two-storey, two-bay house has a simple, rectangular plan, a side hall, and a medium-pitc...

Nancy Smith

34 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-07
  • Item
  • 1996

The house located mid-block at 34 John St. East was built in the Ontario Vernacular style around 1850 in Amsterdam (on the east side of the Holland River). It was moved to its current site in Bradford around 1890 by Sam Lukes to provide housing fo...

Nancy Smith

37 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-25-02
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 37 Holland St. East was built in the Gothic Revival style in the 1880-1890’s. Originally, the left side on the ground floor contained an office occupied by grain buyers. It had a front door and a small window. The...

Nancy Smith

37 Queen Street - The Thompson Fisher House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-18-10
  • Item
  • 1995

The Thompson Fisher House is located at 37 Queen St. (on the northeast corner of Queen and Rebecca Streets). It was built around 1880 in the Eclectic Neoclassical style. It belonged to J.C. Wood in the 1950’s. He was the principal at the original,...

Nancy Smith

38 Holland Street West - Collings Furniture & Undertaking

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-29-03
  • Item
  • 1995

The structure located at 38 Holland St. West (on the southwest corner of Holland and Drury Streets) was built around 1900 in the Ontario Vernacular style. B.B. “Ben” Collings lived upstairs with his wife (a Waldruff), and children Bernice, Kathlee...

Nancy Smith

39 Drury Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-20-05
  • Item
  • 1995

The house located at 39 Drury St. (at the southeast corner of Drury and Thomas Streets) was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. Bob (“Red”) Armstrong, a bachelor, once lived here. Jim Webb eventually bought the property and ren...

Nancy Smith

41 Simcoe Road - The Dr. Clement House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-05
  • Item
  • 1995

The Dr. Clement House is located at 41 Simcoe Road (on the southeast corner of Simcoe Road and Centre Street). It was built around 1830-1860 (1840’s?) in the Classic Revival style. Dr. Clement lived and died here after practising in the 1870-80’s....

Nancy Smith

43 John Street East - The William Campbell House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-08
  • Item
  • 1996

The William Campbell House is located mid-block on the north side at 43 John Street East. It was built around 1880 in the Gothic Revival style. This structure was once the home of William H. Campbell Sr. (a grain merchant) and his wife Bessie (Sut...

Nancy Smith

43/45 Drury Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-20-06
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building located at 43 and 45 Drury St. was built in the Neoclassical Duplex style in the 1860-1880’s. Leonard Saint bought the building in 1909 from Mrs. Garrett (mother of E. Garrett who owned the Bradford Witness newspaper). Len w...

Nancy Smith

44 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-09
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block structure located at 44 John St. East was built pre-1900 in Amsterdam (on the east side of the Holland River) in the Ontario Vernacular style. It was later moved to this site. This house was once the home of George Ogilvie, a tailor ...

Nancy Smith

Results 61 to 70 of 123