Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 163 results Archivistische beschrijving

Only digital objects

111 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-02
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The mid-block building located on the north side at 111 John St. West was built around 1880 in the Neoclassical style. It was known locally as “The Edmanson Home”. Thomas Edmanson was an undertaker and a businessman who lived here for many years. ...

Nancy Smith

149 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-06
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The property located at 149 John St. West was once the site of a small, one-storey frame building with shiplap siding. It had a shed at the rear. Mr. Robinson lived here. He was crippled and played the violin on his knees. He particularly loved to...

Janice Hopkins

207 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-01
  • Stuk
  • 1995

This one-storey, cove-sided house is located on a hill at 207 John St. West. It was built well and has been maintained well over the years. Originally, there were stables and a woodshed behind the house. It was once the home of the Robert Spence f...

Janice Hopkins

41 Simcoe Road - The Dr. Clement House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-05
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The Dr. Clement House is located at 41 Simcoe Road (on the southeast corner of Simcoe Road and Centre Street). It was built around 1830-1860 (1840’s?) in the Classic Revival style. Dr. Clement lived and died here after practising in the 1870-80’s....

Nancy Smith

64 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-10
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The house located at 64 Simcoe Road was built on what was originally a vacant lot to the west of the Aiken’s property. The lot was sold to Leonard Saint by the McDonald sisters in 1946. Len built a frame, stucco house on the property in the winter...

Janice Hopkins

73 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-12
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The house currently located at 73 Simcoe Road was built by Morton in 1995 . The original structure at this site was destroyed by fire. It had been the home of Ernest (Boo) Rogers and his wife and children (Frank, Eric, Florence, Amos, Jacqueline, ...

Janice Hopkins

205 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-15
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The two-storey house located at 205 Simcoe Road was bought and renovated by Mr. Bruce around 1928. Len Saint did the cement work and the plastering. William Ward and his family lived here later. He raised dogs and had a greenhouse and a garden at ...

Janice Hopkins

84 Williams Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-24-04
  • Stuk
  • 1995

This house is located on the west side at 84 Williams Street (at the top of Back Street). It was the home of Bob Root, his wife (Sarah), and children (Bill Jr. and Mildred). Originally, there were barns and sheds at the back and they kept cows, ho...

Janice Hopkins

23 Barrie Street Restaurant

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-07-04
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The one-storey building with a flat roof located at 23 Barrie St. (as seen in the photo) replaces the round, metal building originally found on this site. It was an implement store and later the home of a pop business moved here by Keenty O’Keife...

Joe Saint

129 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-05
  • Stuk
  • 1996

Construction of the house located mid-block at 129 Barrie St. (and six others) was begun in 1912 by Lieutenant George Stoddart. When Stoddart went overseas during WWI, the project was completed by builder Art Saint. This house was built in the Edw...

Nancy Smith

Resultaten 61 tot 70 van 163