Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 94 results Archival description

93 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

84 Church Street - Dr. Ellis House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-01
  • Item
  • 1996

The Dr. Ellis House is located mid-block on the west side at 84 Church Street. It was built pre-1900 in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. Dr. Ellis owned the house in 1900. The 1½-storey, three-bay structure has a medium-pitched, gable roof and a ...

Nancy Smith

90 Church Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-02
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 90 Church St. was built pre-1900 in the Gothic Revival style. The 1½-storey, five-bay ‘farmhouse’ has a modified ‘L’-shaped plan with an off-centre hall, an asymmetrical façade, and a medium-pitched, gable roof. T...

Nancy Smith

97 Church Street - The William Melbourne House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-03
  • Item
  • 1996

The William Melbourne House is located at 97 Church St. (at the corner of Church and Frederick Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival style in the 1870-80’s by Bill Curry. The 1½-storey, three-bay ‘cottage’ has large window openings with hig...

Nancy Smith

130 Church Street - The George Green House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-10
  • Item
  • 1996

The George Green House is a corner building located at 130 Church Street. It was built in the Gothic Revival style in the 1890’s. Originally, there was a barn located in the rear yard. The two-storey, two-bay house has a one-storey kitchen additio...

Nancy Smith

131 Church Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-11
  • Item
  • 1995

The house located at 131 Church St. (on the southeast corner of Church and Hurd Streets) was built pre-1900 in the Gothic Revival style. It was once the home of the Taylor family. The 1½-storey, three-bay ‘cottage’ has a centre-hall plan and a med...

Nancy Smith

151 Church Street - The Gummerson House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-12
  • Item
  • 1996

The Gummerson House is located at 151 Church St. (on the southeast corner of Church and Queen Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival Cottage style around the 1880’s. The Gummerson family moved to Bradford from Bond Head (on the southwest co...

Nancy Smith

168 Church Street - The Mark Scanlon House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-14
  • Item
  • 1996

The Mark Scanlon House, also known locally as ‘The Pines’, is located at 168 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Queen Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1850 by Mark Scanlon. He was a lawyer and one of the ori...

Nancy Smith

50 Drury Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-20-09
  • Item
  • 1995

This one-storey, frame building is located on the west side at 50 Drury Street. It originally had a back kitchen that was at a lower level than the front of the house. There was also a big garden at the rear of the house at one time. It was the ho...

Janice Hopkins

49 Drury Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-20-08
  • Item
  • 1997

The mid-block building once located at 49 Drury St. was built in the neoclassical style around 1880. James Currie (a retired farmer, businessman, carpenter and noted gardener) and his wife lived here many years ago. Gilbert Lukes, his wife, and so...

Nancy Smith

43/45 Drury Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-20-06
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building located at 43 and 45 Drury St. was built in the Neoclassical Duplex style in the 1860-1880’s. Leonard Saint bought the building in 1909 from Mrs. Garrett (mother of E. Garrett who owned the Bradford Witness newspaper). Len w...

Nancy Smith

Results 61 to 70 of 94