Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Mostrar 70 resultados Descrição arquivística

69 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

68 Essa Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-21-04
  • Item
  • 1996

The corner building located on the west side at 68 Essa St. was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. It was once the home of Alex Sutherland. The one-storey, three-bay cottage has a rectangular plan with a centre hall. A box hal...

Nancy Smith

112 Frederick Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-22-04
  • Item
  • 1995

This mid-block building is located on a sloping lot at 112 Frederick Street. The structure, which was once the home of the Chantler family, was built on a sloping lot pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. The existing Frederick Street ...

Nancy Smith

107 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-04
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building on the north side at 107 John St. East was built around the 1880’s in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. The main house was moved to this site from the saw mill in Amsterdam during the early 1900’s. It was the home of Arthur ...

Nancy Smith

72 Barrie Street (10 Joseph Street) Dr. Blackwell's House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-10-01
  • Item
  • 1996

Dr. Gilbert Blackwell’s House is located on the southwest corner of Barrie and Joseph Streets at 72 Barrie Street. His office faced Joseph Street. The structure was built in 1935 by builder Art Saint in the Arts and Crafts style. The simple form h...

Nancy Smith

96 Barrie Street - The Methodist Manse

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-10-05
  • Item
  • 1996

The Methodist Manse is located at 96 Barrie St. on the southwest corner of Barrie and Frederick (formerly known as Letitia) Streets. It was built around 1885 in the neoclassical style. The building was used as the Methodist Manse until 1970. It la...

Nancy Smith

96 Barrie Street - The Methodist Manse

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-10-05-2017-03-10-06
  • Parte
  • 1995

The Methodist Manse is located at 96 Barrie St. on the southwest corner of Barrie and Frederick (formerly known as Letitia) Streets. It was built around 1885 in the neoclassical style. The building was used as the Methodist Manse until 1970. It la...

Nancy Smith

99 Barrie Street- The Pringle House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-10-07
  • Item
  • 1995

The Pringle House is located mid-block on the east side at 99 Barrie Street. It was the home of Walter Pringle, owner and manager of the first Dominion store (on Holland St.) in the 1930’s. The 1½-storey, two-bay ‘bungalow’ was built in the Arts a...

Nancy Smith

119 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-03
  • Item
  • 1996

The house located mid-block at 119 Barrie St. was one of seven houses begun in 1912 by Lieutenant George Stoddart. When Stoddart went overseas during WWI, the projects were completed by builder Art Saint. This house was built in the Edwardian Clas...

Nancy Smith

123 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-04
  • Item
  • 1996

Construction of the house located mid-block at 123 Barrie St. (and six others) was begun in 1912 by Lieutenant George Stoddart. When Stoddart went overseas during WWI, the project was completed by builder Art Saint. The house was built in the Edwa...

Janice Hopkins

Historic Buildings Album

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB
  • Pasta/Processo
  • 1995-2017

This folder contains photographs of various historic buildings in Bradford and accompanying descriptions on each. The photographs are found in the Bill & Erica Marks Archive Room and were originally compiled by George Jackson and Joe Saint. The te...

Janice Hopkins

Resultados 61 a 70 de 70