Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 269 results Archival description

269 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

184 Barrie Street - The Thorpe House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-15-06
  • Item
  • 1996

The Thorpe House is located mid-block on the west side at 184 Barrie Street. It was built post-1900 in the Eclectic Edwardian style. Miss St. Clair lived in this house many years ago. The two-storey, ‘L’-shaped building has a projecting, two-stor...

Nancy Smith

185 Holland Street West - The Turner House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-09
  • Item
  • 1996

The Turner House is located at 185 Holland Street West (on the northwest corner of Holland and Toronto Streets). It was built in the 1880’s in the Eclectic Gothic Revival style. The two-storey, ‘L’-shaped building has an asymmetrical façade. The g...

Nancy Smith

187 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-10
  • Item
  • 1995

This house is located at 187 John St. West (on the northwest corner of John and Toronto Streets). The 1½-storey, frame building was originally clad in stucco and it had a kitchen and rooms upstairs at the rear. There was also a garden and lawn at ...

Janice Hopkins

19 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-09
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 19 John St. West was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular style. Frank Adamson, who ran a gas station, lived in this house after World War II. It later became the home of Henry Bell and Phyllis for a short tim...

Nancy Smith

1934 Brought First Settlement to Holland Marsh

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Mar-2017-04-20-29
  • Item
  • 1965-11-17

"The first year-round residents of the Marsh arrived in the late autumn of 1934 and took up residence in the row of houses shown in the above picture. They were families from Holland and they named their village Ansnorveld. Members of the Christia...

Bradford Witness

196 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-15-07
  • Item
  • 1995

The two-storey, wood frame house located on the west side at 196 Barrie St. was built more than one hundred years ago. The original farmhouse did not have the front addition (as seen in the photo) and it was clad with white stucco (not vinyl). Thi...

S. Jacqueline Kulscar

205 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-15
  • Item
  • 1995

The two-storey house located at 205 Simcoe Road was bought and renovated by Mr. Bruce around 1928. Len Saint did the cement work and the plastering. William Ward and his family lived here later. He raised dogs and had a greenhouse and a garden at ...

Janice Hopkins

207 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-01
  • Item
  • 1995

This one-storey, cove-sided house is located on a hill at 207 John St. West. It was built well and has been maintained well over the years. Originally, there were stables and a woodshed behind the house. It was once the home of the Robert Spence f...

Janice Hopkins

208 Barrie Street - The Hulse House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-15-08
  • Item
  • 1996

The Hulse House is located mid-block on the west side at 208 Barrie Street. It was built post-1900 in the Eclectic Edwardian style. The two-storey, ‘L’-shaped building has a hip roof. A projecting, two-storey wing has a gable roof. Edwardian featu...

Nancy Smith

21 Joseph Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-02
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 21 Joseph St. was built around 1880 in the Gothic Revival style. It is a 1½-storey, ‘L’-shaped building with a steeply-pitched, gable roof. The house has large window openings with high floor to ceiling heights an...

Nancy Smith

Results 71 to 80 of 269