Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Mostrando 24 resultados Descripción archivística

24 resultados con objetos digitales Muestra los resultados con objetos digitales

71 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-14
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The mid-block building located at 71 John St. East was built around 1900 in the Edwardian Classicism style. It was once the home of Sam Stein and his son and daughter. He was the owner of the Toronto Manufacturing Co. (maker of baby carriages and ...

Nancy Smith

79 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-16
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The mid-block structure located at 79 John St. East was built around 1860-1890’s in the Gothic Revival style. Originally, there was a shed and garage attached to the house at the rear and a vacant lot on the east side. This building was the home ...

Nancy Smith

93 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-01
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The mid-block building located on the north side at 93 John Street East was built pre-1900 in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. A large horse stable and a barn for storing marsh hay once stood behind the house. A fence also ran across the length o...

Nancy Smith

98 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-02
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The structure located at 98 John St. East was the home of the Collings family years ago. The large, two-storey, frame and stucco-clad house has a long shed at the back that was once used for automobile storage (and later as a utilities room). Befo...

Janice Hopkins

89 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-18
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The mid-block building located at 89 John St. East is set well back from street. It was built around 1860-1880’s in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. John Edwin (or Harry) Cerswell, a retired gentleman, lived here at one time before selling th...

Nancy Smith

61 John Street East - Vic Turner House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-11
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The house located at 61 John St. East was built on what was originally the west lot of Miss Hayes’ property. It was built in 1949 by Vic Turner. He was a retired farmer from the Scotch Settlement. The structure became the home of Vic and his wife ...

Janice Hopkins

33 John Street East - The Dr. Lewis Campbell House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-06
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The Dr. Lewis Campbell House is a mid-block building located at 33 John St. East. It was built in 1900 in the Eclectic Edwardian style. Dr. Lewis H. Campbell was a well-known physician, athlete, and field lacrosse player. He travelled with the loc...

Nancy Smith

Hydro Sub. John E./Nelson St.

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-06
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995-1996

The first hydro substation in Bradford was located on Nelson St. (south of John St. East). It was built in 1916 (or 1918) by Tom and Len Saint on a small piece of property owned by the foundry on Holland Street. (1, 2) Please contact the Bradford ...

Janice Hopkins

113 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-05
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The house located at 113 John St. East (on the southeast corner of John and Nelson Streets) was the last house on John Street East. This area was known as French Town at the time because of the French families living there who had come to Bradford...

Janice Hopkins

107 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-04
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The mid-block building on the north side at 107 John St. East was built around the 1880’s in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. The main house was moved to this site from the saw mill in Amsterdam during the early 1900’s. It was the home of Arthur ...

Nancy Smith

Resultados 1 a 10 de 24