Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 22 results Archivistische beschrijving

22 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

96 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-04-05-19
  • Stuk
  • 1995

This house is located on the south side at 96 John St. West. It was considered to be “new” when this photo was taken in 1995. Many years previously, this property was owned by Bill and Mae Fuller. (1, 2)

Janice Hopkins

9 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-07
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The building seen in this photo (from 1995) was once located on the north side at 9 John St. West. It was a long, one-storey, frame house with a verandah on the south side and a small porch on the east side (facing Barrie Street). Dick Crake and h...

Janice Hopkins

13 and 15 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-08
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The mid-block duplex located at 13 and 15 John St. West was built pre-1900 in the Neoclassical Duplex style. During the 1920’s, the building was moved back from the street and onto new concrete foundations that were built by Leonard Saint. The bui...

Nancy Smith

19 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-09
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 19 John St. West was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular style. Frank Adamson, who ran a gas station, lived in this house after World War II. It later became the home of Henry Bell and Phyllis for a short tim...

Nancy Smith

20 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-10
  • Stuk
  • 1995

This photo (from 1995) shows the remains of the foundation wall of a large, natural-ice skating rink that was once located on the southeast corner of Moore (Lovers’ Lane) and 20 John St. West. The rink, built in 1910, was owned by Thompson Fisher....

Janice Hopkins

23 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-11
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 23 John St. West was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. It was the home of retired farmer Walter King (during and after the war) until his death. The one-storey, three-bay cottage has a rectan...

Nancy Smith

27 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-12
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The building located at 27 John St. West (on the northeast corner of John and Moore Streets) was built around 1890 in the Gothic Revival style. It was the home of John Lee (a retired farmer from north of Bradford) for many years. After World War I...

Nancy Smith

45 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-13
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The one-storey, frame house located at 45 John St. West originally had a kitchen and a woodshed at the rear and a veranda at the front. It was the home of Stan Cairns' parents Isaac and Grace (Fisher). The family lived here before and after World ...

Janice Hopkins

51 John Street West - The Neilly House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-14
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The Neilly House is located mid-block on the north side at 51 John Street West. It was built around 1900 in the Eclectic Edwardian style. The structure was designed by the same architect who was responsible for designing Bradford’s Anglican Church...

Nancy Smith

52 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-15
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The small, frame house located at 52 John St. West was built by Art Saint after World War II for his father (Frank) and sister (Lena). After Frank’s death, Lena moved to Toronto and the house was sold. (1, 2)

Janice Hopkins

Resultaten 1 tot 10 van 22