Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Mostrar 20 resultados Descrição arquivística

20 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

89 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-18
  • Item
  • 1995

This house was once located at 89 John St. West. It was probably built pre-Confederation and it was considered to be one the best examples of the Regency Cottage style of building in Bradford. The one-storey, stucco, square building had an additio...

Janice Hopkins

123 John Street West - The Former Presbyterian Manse

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-03
  • Item
  • 1996

The former Presbyterian Manse is located at 123 John St. West (on the northeast corner of John and Essa Streets). It was built around 1880 in the Eclectic Neoclassical style. Presbyterian ministers lived here in the 1920-1930’s. Rev. McLaren and h...

Nancy Smith

126 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-04
  • Item
  • 1996

The mid-block building located on the south side at 126 John St. West was built in the 1880’s in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. Originally, there was a back lane for Jim Woods' house and barn next to this house. Pratt lived here many years ago ...

Nancy Smith

139 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-05
  • Item
  • 1995

This house is located at 139 John St. West (on the northwest corner of John and Essa Streets). It was built in the 1900’s by carpenter Dalt Coburn. Originally, there was a laneway behind the house that ran west to Toronto St. and a vacant lot next...

Janice Hopkins

156 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-07
  • Item
  • 1995

This one-storey house is located at 156 John St. West. The original cladding was stucco and there was a kitchen at the back. Mrs. Belfry owned the building many years ago. After her death, Merle Woodcock bought (and repaired) the house. John Holan...

Janice Hopkins

9 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-07
  • Item
  • 1995

The building seen in this photo (from 1995) was once located on the north side at 9 John St. West. It was a long, one-storey, frame house with a verandah on the south side and a small porch on the east side (facing Barrie Street). Dick Crake and h...

Janice Hopkins

13 and 15 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-08
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block duplex located at 13 and 15 John St. West was built pre-1900 in the Neoclassical Duplex style. During the 1920’s, the building was moved back from the street and onto new concrete foundations that were built by Leonard Saint. The bui...

Nancy Smith

19 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-09
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 19 John St. West was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular style. Frank Adamson, who ran a gas station, lived in this house after World War II. It later became the home of Henry Bell and Phyllis for a short tim...

Nancy Smith

27 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-12
  • Item
  • 1995

The building located at 27 John St. West (on the northeast corner of John and Moore Streets) was built around 1890 in the Gothic Revival style. It was the home of John Lee (a retired farmer from north of Bradford) for many years. After World War I...

Nancy Smith

45 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-13
  • Item
  • 1995

The one-storey, frame house located at 45 John St. West originally had a kitchen and a woodshed at the rear and a veranda at the front. It was the home of Stan Cairns' parents Isaac and Grace (Fisher). The family lived here before and after World ...

Janice Hopkins

Resultados 1 a 10 de 20