Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 111 results Archival description

110 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Water Pump Sculpture

  • CA BWGPL AR-2016-08-19-01
  • Item
  • 2006

Plaque by the Bradford West Gwillimbury Local History Association: "This cast iron base and impeller were components of one of the two original water pumps installed in the 1928 Holland Marsh Drainage Scheme. The pumps would lower the water level...

Amanda Gallagher

Water Pump Sculpture - side view

  • CA BWGPL AR-2016-08-19-01-2016-08-19-02
  • Part
  • 2006

Plaque by the Bradford West Gwillimbury Local History Association: "This cast iron base and impeller were components of one of the two original water pumps installed in the 1928 Holland Marsh Drainage Scheme. The pumps would lower the water level...

Amanda Gallagher

Water Pump Sculpture plaque

  • CA BWGPL AR-2016-08-19-01-2016-08-19-03
  • Part
  • 2006

Plaque by the Bradford West Gwillimbury Local History Association: "This cast iron base and impeller were components of one of the two original water pumps installed in the 1928 Holland Marsh Drainage Scheme. The pumps would lower the water level...

Bradford West Gwillimbury Local History Association

Convent Plaster Decorative Moulding

  • CA BWGPL AR-2018-08-09-05
  • Item
  • After 1876

A piece of plaster decorative moulding recovered during demolition of The Lukes House/The Convent in August 1994. This house had various owners throughout its history. Most notably, Reverend Egerton Ryerson, Samuel Lukes and the Ursuline Order of ...

Convent Wood Decorative Moulding

  • CA BWGPL AR-2018-08-09-06
  • Item
  • After 1876

A piece of plaster decorative moulding recovered during demolition of The Lukes House/The Convent in August 1994. This house had various owners throughout its history. Most notably, Reverend Egerton Ryerson, Samuel Lukes and the Ursuline Order of ...

Plaster Decorative Moulding from Convent

  • CA BWGPL AR-2018-11-15-03
  • Item
  • After 1876

A piece of plaster decorative moulding recovered during demolition of The Lukes House/The Convent in August 1994. This house had various owners throughout its history. Most notably, Reverend Egerton Ryerson, Samuel Lukes and the Ursuline Order of ...

Convent Decorative Plaster Point

  • CA BWGPL AR-2018-11-19-02
  • Item
  • After 1876

A decorative plaster point recovered during demolition of The Lukes House/The Convent in August 1994. This house had various owners throughout its history. Most notably, Reverend Egerton Ryerson, Samuel Lukes and the Ursuline Order of the Diocese ...

United Church

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3220
  • Item

The United Church is located on Barrie Street. This church was built around 1865 and uses the Gothic style of architecture. It is the oldest surviving church in town. This building may have been designed by John Howard, a famous architect in Tor...

Canadian Bank of Commerce

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3255
  • Item
  • 1968

Located on Holland St. at the corner of Barrie St. This building was originally a hotel (Central Hotel, Uneeda Hotel and in 1900 the H. Hulse Hotel). In 1951 the bank was held up by the Boyd Gang which had robbed a number of banks in the Toronto ...

Methodist Manse

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3681
  • Item
  • 1978

It was used as the Methodist Manse until 1970. Located on the corner of Barrie and Frederick Streets. Built around 1885.

Dorothy Cilipka

Results 1 to 10 of 111