Convent demolition to start this week
- CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-PH26598
"Demolition of the old convent on Barrie Street was scheduled to begin this week. The site, north of Frederick Street, will be the home of a new multi-service facility. When it's done in March 1995, it will be 15,000 square feet in size and will a...
- CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-04-27-08
This is Algonquin Lodge, later known as the Convent. it was the residence of Rev. Egerton R. Young in 1906.
Convent Wood Decorative Moulding
- CA BWGPL AR-2018-08-09-06
- After 1876
A piece of plaster decorative moulding recovered during demolition of The Lukes House/The Convent in August 1994. This house had various owners throughout its history. Most notably, Reverend Egerton Ryerson, Samuel Lukes and the Ursuline Order of ...
Old Fire Hall on Barrie Street
- CA BWGPL LHC-TownBWG-FireHall-OS10442
Bradford fire hall with many volunteers. Volunteers were the only source of fire fighters in those days.
From left to right: Roy Storey, Ted Gapp, Roy Saint, Bill Beekink, Gord Church, Jim Church, George Allan, Jim Everitt, Gord Compton, Orville H...
Bradford fire hall and early fire brigade
- CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-OS8669
This fire hall was located on Barrie Street between John Street and Joseph Street (shown on a map of Bradford from 1900) where the current post office now sits.
- CA BWGPL GJ-SB 74/75-PH27054
" Postcard of downtown Bradford looking North on Barrie St. in 1906."
Keith Kilkenny Radio Repair Bill
- CA BWGPL LHC-FamFil-CF-2018-06-11-18
Image of a bill from Keith Kilkenny from July 5th, 1957 for the repair of a radio. Addressed to Lewis Campbell.
Luanne Campbell Edwards
Barrie Street United Church
- CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-2018-06-11-09
Photograph of the United Church on Barrie Street during the 1930s.
Luanne Campbell Edwards
House of Dr. Frederick Coney Stevenson - c. 1905
- CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-2019-07-16-02
Photograph of the home of Dr. Frederick Coney Stevenson at 136 Barrie Street, c. 1905. In the 1940s it was added to, the facade changed and turned into a nursing home. This picture was given to Lew Campbell by Ken Stevenson, Dr. Stevenson’s gran...
History of Bradford's Grand Old Lady
- CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-OS8412-PH25358
"Whatever becomes of this grand old lady, her colourful history will not be soon forgotten.
When the Recreation Facilities Committee was formed consisting of Chairperson Ann Currie, Jim Culbert, Steve Boland, Ellen MacKenzey, Bill Germayne and Sh...