Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 25 results Archival description

25 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

157 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-04-06-09
  • Item
  • 1995

This bungalow located at 157 John St. West originally had a woodshed on the east side. It was once owned by Bill Semenuk, until he and his family moved to Barrie. He was considered to be a good electrical, radio, and watch repairman. The house was...

Janice Hopkins

1871 Bradford Fire Account

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Dis-Fire-2018-11-22-14
  • Item
  • 1871-05-22

An article about a highly destructive fire that swept through Holland Street, destroying multiple buildings, businesses and homes. The original article appeared in the May 22nd, 1871 edition of the Toronto Daily Telegraph and was reprinted in 1901...

Libbie Campbell

Bessie, Libbie and William L. Campbell

  • CA BWGPL LHC-FamFil-CF-2019-02-08-04
  • Item
  • c. 1915

Photograph of Bessie Sutherland Campbell and her children, Elizabeth “Libbie” Florence Campbell and William L. Campbell outside of Bessie & William Campbell’s house on Johns Street, c. 1915. William's dog can also be seen in this picture.

Luanne Campbell Edwards

Bradford Public Library Streetview

  • CA BWGPL LHC-LIBR-LibraryLife-1970s/80s-2018-08-14-01
  • Item
  • 1983

Photograph from the Spring of 1983 of the outside of the Bradford Library when it was located on John Street.

CN Express Clerk

  • CA BWGPL GJ-SB 76/77/78-PH26790
  • Item
  • 1939

"If CN has its way, the last real contact Bradford has with the railway will be gone soon when the train station is either sold or torn down. The railway was an integral part of the community when this photo was taken in 1939. Submitted by Wilbert...

Wilbert Mulliss

Campbell House

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-OS9760
  • Item

The Campbell House (west view) located at 33 John St East. The house was built in 1900.

Compton IGA Food Market

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-Store-2017-04-20-21
  • Item
  • 1966-08-10

Caption under photograph: "Mr. Wm. Compton and son, Gordon, in front of their fine new I.G.A. Food Market, which opens for business next Wednesday, August 17." Related article contains description of the Compton business.

Bradford Witness

Dr. Lewis H. Campbell - 1935

  • CA BWGPL LHC-FamFil-CF-2018-06-11-15
  • Item
  • 1935

Photograph of Dr. Lewis H. Campbell from 1935. Image taken in front of Dr. Campbell's Bradford home on John Street.

Luanne Campbell Edwards

Flora Nydam and Anita Sikma

  • LHC-Libr-LibraryLife-1980s-2019-01-28-12
  • Item
  • 1988-10-28

Photograph of Flora Nydam and Anita Sikma during the packing process to move from the library at 35 John Street to the new library at 100 Holland Court in 1988.

Jack Bowles

  • CA BWGPL LHC-FamFil-CF-2018-06-11-08
  • Item
  • around 1920

Photograph of Jack Bowles. Son of Louise Graham Campbell's sister, visiting Bradford around 1920. In this photograph he is wearing Dr. Lewis H. Campbell's (Louise's husband) Lacrosse uniform. Dr. Campbell's parents home is in the background of the...

Luanne Campbell Edwards

Results 1 to 10 of 25