Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 50 results Archival description

50 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

1871 Bradford Fire Account

  • CA BWGPL LHC-FamFil-CF-2018-11-22-14
  • Item
  • 1871-05-22

An article about a highly destructive fire that swept through Holland Street, destroying multiple buildings, businesses and homes. The original article appeared in the May 22nd, 1871 edition of the Toronto Daily Telegraph and was reprinted in 1901...

Libbie Campbell

Barrie Street - 1930s

  • CA BWGPL LHC-TownBWG-Stre-2018-06-08-12
  • Item
  • 1930 - 1939

Photograph of the North view of Barrie Street.

Lew Campbell

Barrie Street - 1940s

  • CA BWGPL LHC-TownBWG-Stre-2018-06-11-29
  • Item
  • 1940s

Photograph of Barrie Street looking North from the 1940s.

Lew Campbell

Barrie Street Postcard - 1930s

  • CA BWGPL LHC-TownBWG-Stre-2018-06-11-07
  • Item
  • 1930s

Photographic Postcard of the North view of Barrie Street during the 1930s.

Lew Campbell

Barrie Street United Church

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-2018-06-11-09
  • Item
  • 1930s

Photograph of the United Church on Barrie Street during the 1930s.

Lew Campbell

Barrie Street and Park by Parkside Court

  • CA BWGPL LHC-TownBWG-Stre-StreetView-OS10357
  • Item
  • 2007

Looking west on Barrie St near the intersection of the 8th Line. The statue in the park is the Water Pump and Heron sculpture by George Holancin (more information in Related Description).

Bradford Post Office

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Post-PH3241
  • Item
  • 1936

This photo was taken soon after the post office was built.

Lew Campbell

Bradford Witness on Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3682
  • Item
  • 1967

The Bradford Witness was the local newspaper. It was first published on February 20, 1879 by Mr. E. Garrett. He was born in Hampshire, England, but settled in Bradford with his parents when he was only one year old in 1856. Before starting The ...

Bradford fire hall and early fire brigade

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-OS8669
  • Item
  • 1900s

This fire hall was located on Barrie Street between John Street and Joseph Street (shown on a map of Bradford from 1900) where the current post office now sits.

Bradford Witness

Results 1 to 10 of 50