Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 5 results Archival description

5 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Auld Kirk

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Scot-OS8936
  • Item

The Auld Kirk in the Scotch Settlement. The congregation, many of them Scottish immigrants, began gathering in 1822, and a log church was built in 1823. This building was built in 1869. It closed its doors in 1885.

Auld Kirk Cemetery

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Scot-OS8697
  • Item
  • 1922

The Auld Kirk Cemetery on the 5th Line in the Scotch Settlement marking the final resting place of many early settlers.

Auld Kirk with garage

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Scot-OS8481
  • Item
  • 1922

The Auld Kirk Church is located on the south half of Lot 8 on Concession 6 of West Gwillimbury. In 1819, a group of Scottish and Irish settlers arrived in Upper Canada, and developed the area known today as the "Scotch Settlement". After the initi...

Landerkin Farm

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-OS10122
  • Item

If you have any additional information about this photo please contact the library at 905-775-3328.