1934 Brought First Settlement to Holland Marsh
- CA BWGPL WEG-Mar-2017-04-20-29
"The first year-round residents of the Marsh arrived in the late autumn of 1934 and took up residence in the row of houses shown in the above picture. They were families from Holland and they named their village Ansnorveld.
Members of the Christia...
A Heritage Moment... Armson-Wood Home
- CA BWGPL LHC-Arti-PH26641
Description : William Armson came to West Gwillimbury in 1820, from Nottingham, England. He served in the Britisharmy and had been decorated for outstanding service during the Peninsular Campaign of the Napoleonic Wars. In recognition of his milit...
Bradford West Gwillimbury Times
- CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-04-27-08
This is Algonquin Lodge, later known as the Convent. it was the residence of Rev. Egerton R. Young in 1906.
Buildings & Architecure F-L
- CA BWGPL JS-Vol3-JSC-v3-1610
Contains articles and clippings related to the buildings and architecture of Bradford West Gwillimbury, from F-L
Dan MacDonald House
- CA BWGPL LHC-Scot-OS8327
Dan MacDonald's log house on the Scotch Settlement.
Davis Stoddart / Frank Ritchie farm house
- CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-OS8576
"Farm home owned by Frank and Mima Ritchie. This picture was taken during the 1930's by their son-in-law, Reginald Coker. The farm was owned by the Ritchie family and was worked and operated as a dairy farm first by father Frank Ritchie, and then ...
- CA BWGPL LHC-Rura-OS9580
Old house, old road east of railroad known as the Durham house in Amsterdam.
- CA BWGPL LHC-Rura-OS9612
If you have any additional information about this photo please contact the library at 905-775-3328.
- CA BWGPL LHC-Rura-OS9839
The Durham House - built circa 1860. Photographed here circa 1920. It was actually originally two houses joined together.
- CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-04-27-12
Greenview Farm was the residence of Richard H. Crake, wheat farmer, and covered 212 acres in 1906. It was located on the "Bond Head Rd.", or Highway 88 near Sideroad 10. It was first the Tyrwhitt Farm, owned by Colonel Tyrwhitt of Bond Head, befo...