Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 9 results Archival description

9 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

21 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-28-22
  • Item
  • 1995

The structure located at 21 Holland St. West is part of what is known as the Evans Block. The building was raised and Len Saint added a cellar and a foundation. It was originally a store with living quarters upstairs. The work was done by Mac Camp...

Janice Hopkins

23/25 and 27 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-24-07
  • Item
  • 1995

The buildings shown in this photo are located at 21, 23, 25 and 27 Holland St. East. One of the buildings in this row was once a bakery and confectionary owned by Jack Madil. There were two ovens in the rear and a barn at the back of the property....

Janice Hopkins

29, 31 and 33 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-29-01
  • Item
  • 1995

The structure located at 29 Holland St. West was vacant for many years. Howard Bowser bought and restored it as a shop with living quarters upstairs. Ted and Audrey Gapp lived here for a number of years. Helen Bantam ran a ladies’ shop downstairs ...

Nancy Smith

30 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-28-27
  • Item
  • 1995

The building located at 30 Holland St. West (on the southeast corner of Holland and Drury Streets) has been the site of many businesses, including Bradford Travel (as seen in this photo from 1995). Many years previously, George Ogilvie, a tailor, ...

Janice Hopkins

38 Holland Street West - Collings Furniture & Undertaking

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-29-03
  • Item
  • 1995

The structure located at 38 Holland St. West (on the southwest corner of Holland and Drury Streets) was built around 1900 in the Ontario Vernacular style. B.B. “Ben” Collings lived upstairs with his wife (a Waldruff), and children Bernice, Kathlee...

Nancy Smith

4 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-28-02
  • Item
  • 1997

The original building located at 4 Holland St. West (on the southwest corner of Holland and Simcoe Streets) was built in the 1840’s and was situated on land originally owned by James Drury. He was one of the early immigrants who reached Upper Cana...

Janice Hopkins

Dr. Lewis H. Campbell Lacrosse Medal Portrait

  • CA BWGPL AR-Camp-2018-11-21-01
  • Item
  • 1900s

Dr. Lewis H. Campbell's portrait inside of his lacrosse championship medal, resting on a case. Dr. Campbell was a lacrosse champion in 1902 and 1905.

Luanne Campbell Edwards

L.H. and W.L. Campbell Lacrosse Medals - Front View

  • CA BWGPL AR-Camp-2018-11-21-02
  • Item
  • 1902 - 1905

One side of two Canadian Lacrosse Association Championship medals awarded to William L. Campbell and Dr. Lewis H. Campbell. Both men were on Bradford's lacrosse team and their names are engraved on the medals (as seen in this view). Dr. Campbell w...

Luanne Campbell Edwards

Lawn Bowling Balls

  • CA BWGPL AR-Camp-2018-11-22-18
  • Item
  • Post-1880

Two lawn bowling balls. One engrave with "LHC" and the other with "W.L.C." One belonged to Dr. Lewis H. Campbell and the other to his brother William L. Campbell. Both were members of Bradford's lawn bowling club.

Luanne Campbell Edwards