Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 128 results Archival description

128 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

W. Curry Seed House

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3217
  • Item
  • 1968

This building was located on Holland St. E. The store pictured was owned by W. Curry who opened the business in 1943. Before Bradford Seed House opened, this building was a shoe store rented by Joe Coridan from Howard Bowser (Bowsher), an Englis...

Dorothy Cilipka

Village Inn Hotel

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3218
  • Item
  • 1967

The Village Inn is located on Holland Street East. The architect was Mr. William F. Sparling and it is an Old English or Tudor style building built in 1938. Mr. Sparling also designed the Granite Club, Masonic Temple and the Metropolitan Buildin...

Dorothy Cilipka

Folliott's Insurance

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3219
  • Item
  • 1967

These shops were located on Holland St. East, near Barrie Street. This building used to be Bracken's Drug Store, owned by Mr E.O. Bracken and part of I.D.A. (Independent Druggists Alliance). Mrs. Myrtle Bracken was a Public School Teacher. Today ...

Dorothy Cilipka

Town Hall

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3233
  • Item
  • 1983

The Bradford Town Hall was built about 1862.

Dorothy Cilipka

Holland Theatre

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3236
  • Item
  • 1967

The Holland Theater was built in 1937. The owners in the 1940's and early 1950's were Mr. Rees and Mr. Hobberlin. Later, this building became a furniture store and then a clothing store.

Dorothy Cilipka

Shoe Repair Shop

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3238
  • Item
  • 1978

The Bradford Shoe Repair Shop was located on Holland St. E. Mr Laka was the owner.

Dorothy Cilipka

Canadian Bank of Commerce

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3255
  • Item
  • 1968

Located on Holland St. at the corner of Barrie St. This building was originally a hotel (Central Hotel, Uneeda Hotel and in 1900 the H. Hulse Hotel). In 1951 the bank was held up by the Boyd Gang which had robbed a number of banks in the Toronto ...

Bradford T.V. and Furniture

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3259
  • Item
  • 1972

Located on Holland St. West. It was originally a private residence. George Sadovchuk of Bradford owned this building. It has since been demolished.

Dorothy Cilipka

Results 1 to 10 of 128