Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 23 results Archival description

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

23 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Water Pump Sculpture - side view

  • CA BWGPL AR-2016-08-19-01-2016-08-19-02
  • Part
  • 2006

Plaque by the Bradford West Gwillimbury Local History Association: "This cast iron base and impeller were components of one of the two original water pumps installed in the 1928 Holland Marsh Drainage Scheme. The pumps would lower the water level...

Amanda Gallagher

Water Pump Sculpture plaque

  • CA BWGPL AR-2016-08-19-01-2016-08-19-03
  • Part
  • 2006

Plaque by the Bradford West Gwillimbury Local History Association: "This cast iron base and impeller were components of one of the two original water pumps installed in the 1928 Holland Marsh Drainage Scheme. The pumps would lower the water level...

Bradford West Gwillimbury Local History Association

31 Barrie Street Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Utilities Commission

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-08-04-2017-03-08-02
  • Part
  • 1995

Allan (“Wink”) Crake, a nephew of Dick Crake, owned the one-storey building located at 31 Barrie Street. When Wink retired, Bradford Public Utilities bought the building and opened its offices here. There was a laneway behind Reuben Tindall’s hous...

Joe Saint

66 Barrie Street - Bradford United Church

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-08-07-2017-03-08-08
  • Part
  • 1995

Bradford United Church is located at 66 Barrie St. The structure in this photo was built in 1865 in the Gothic Revival style. There was an original church built on this site in 1851. The 1½-storey building has a rectangular plan, tall and narrow w...

Nancy Smith

79 Barrie Street - The Davey House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-08-09-2017-03-08-10
  • Part
  • 1996

The Davey House is a large, two-storey house located at 79 Barrie St. (on the northeast corner of Barrie St. and Scanlon Avenue). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1880. There was a two-storey, frame barn on the back of the lot origi...

Nancy Smith

10 Joseph Street (72 Barrie Street) - Dr. Blackwell's House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-10-01-2017-03-10-02
  • Part
  • 1996

Dr. Gilbert Blackwell’s House is located on the southwest corner of Barrie and Joseph Streets at 72 Barrie Street. His office faced Joseph Street. The structure was built in 1935 by builder Art Saint in the Arts and Crafts style. The simple form h...

Nancy Smith

96 Barrie Street - The Methodist Manse

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-10-05-2017-03-10-06
  • Part
  • 1995

The Methodist Manse is located at 96 Barrie St. on the southwest corner of Barrie and Frederick (formerly known as Letitia) Streets. It was built around 1885 in the neoclassical style. The building was used as the Methodist Manse until 1970. It la...

Nancy Smith

143 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-14-02-2017-03-14-03
  • Part
  • 1996

This is the front view of the house located mid-block on the east side at 143 Barrie Street. It was the last house built by Art, Tom and Len Saint after WWI. The building was constructed in 1925 in the Arts and Crafts style. It became the home of ...

Nancy Smith

162 Barrie Street - Professor Day House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-14-06-2017-03-14-07
  • Part
  • 1995

The Professor Day House is located at 162 Barrie St. (on the northwest corner of Barrie and Queen Streets). It was built in the early 1880’s in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. Stables were originally located in the rear yard. Mrs. Creighton, a d...

Nancy Smith

162 Barrie Street - Professor Day House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-14-06-2017-03-14-08
  • Part
  • 1996

The Professor Day House is located at 162 Barrie St. (on the northwest corner of Barrie and Queen Streets). It was built in the early 1880’s in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. Stables were originally located in the rear yard. Mrs. Creighton, a d...

Nancy Smith

Results 1 to 10 of 23