Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 50 results Archival description

50 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

10 Joseph Street (72 Barrie Street) - Dr. Blackwell's House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-10-01-2017-03-10-02
  • Part
  • 1996

Dr. Gilbert Blackwell’s House is located on the southwest corner of Barrie and Joseph Streets at 72 Barrie Street. His office faced Joseph Street. The structure was built in 1935 by builder Art Saint in the Arts and Crafts style. The simple form h...

Nancy Smith

105 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-01
  • Item
  • 1995

The house located at 105 Barrie St. was once the home of Dennis and Mrs. Nolan, their son James (a car dealer and salesman), and daughters Connie (a teacher at Bradford High School) and Aileen (also a teacher). Dennis Nolan was a Model T. Ford dea...

Joe Saint

111 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-02
  • Item
  • 1995

The house located at 111 Barrie St. was owned many years ago by Minnie (Spence) Hammel. It was rented to Alec and Mary Spence and Betty. When this house was built (before WWI), a wooden tank with a zinc liner was erected in the floored attic. Wate...

Joe Saint

119 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-03
  • Item
  • 1996

The house located mid-block at 119 Barrie St. was one of seven houses begun in 1912 by Lieutenant George Stoddart. When Stoddart went overseas during WWI, the projects were completed by builder Art Saint. This house was built in the Edwardian Clas...

Nancy Smith

123 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-04
  • Item
  • 1996

Construction of the house located mid-block at 123 Barrie St. (and six others) was begun in 1912 by Lieutenant George Stoddart. When Stoddart went overseas during WWI, the project was completed by builder Art Saint. The house was built in the Edwa...

Janice Hopkins

129 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-05
  • Item
  • 1996

Construction of the house located mid-block at 129 Barrie St. (and six others) was begun in 1912 by Lieutenant George Stoddart. When Stoddart went overseas during WWI, the project was completed by builder Art Saint. This house was built in the Edw...

Nancy Smith

135 Barrie Street - The Fred C. Cook House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-06
  • Item
  • 1995

The Fred C. Cook House is located mid-block on the east side at 135 Barrie Street. The house was built in the Arts and Crafts style around 1925 by Art Saint. It is believed that this lot was originally owned by Fred Stoddart. This was the home of ...

Nancy Smith

136 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-07
  • Item
  • 1995

The house located at 136 Barrie St. was once owned by Dr. F.C. Stevenson. It was enlarged to become a nursing home (possibly TLC) after 1945 (1950?). (1)

Janice Hopkins

143 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-14-02-2017-03-14-03
  • Part
  • 1996

This is the front view of the house located mid-block on the east side at 143 Barrie Street. It was the last house built by Art, Tom and Len Saint after WWI. The building was constructed in 1925 in the Arts and Crafts style. It became the home of ...

Nancy Smith

Results 1 to 10 of 50