Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 7 results Archival description

7 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Auld Kirk

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Scot-OS8936
  • Item

The Auld Kirk in the Scotch Settlement. The congregation, many of them Scottish immigrants, began gathering in 1822, and a log church was built in 1823. This building was built in 1869. It closed its doors in 1885.

Auld Kirk Cemetery

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Scot-OS8697
  • Item
  • 1922

The Auld Kirk Cemetery on the 5th Line in the Scotch Settlement marking the final resting place of many early settlers.

Auld Kirk with garage

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Scot-OS8481
  • Item
  • 1922

The Auld Kirk Church is located on the south half of Lot 8 on Concession 6 of West Gwillimbury. In 1819, a group of Scottish and Irish settlers arrived in Upper Canada, and developed the area known today as the "Scotch Settlement". After the initi...

Bannerman Tombstones

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Scot-OS9576
  • Item

Two tombstones belonging to the Bannerman family. Behind them is the Bannerman family plot. "To the memory of George Sutherland: Native of Sutherlandshie, Scotland, who departed this life Feb 10 1859, Aged 66 years." "Christina, wife of George Ban...

Broderick House

  • CA BWGPL LHC-SCom-BondHead-OS10435
  • Item

The Broderick Farm House on Lot 24 of Concession 6 in Tecumseth.

Landerkin Farm

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-OS10122
  • Item

If you have any additional information about this photo please contact the library at 905-775-3328.