Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 25 results Archival description

25 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Church Street - looking south

  • CA BWGPL LHC-TownBWG-Muni-BWGCol-2016-10-28-13
  • Item
  • 1989-1992

View of Church Street looking south. To the right is Trinity Anglican Church, and further down is St. John's Presbyterian Church. St John's was demolished and relocated to 10th Sideroad in 2003, and the site became Trinity's parking lot and expans...

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library

Holland St., Looking east

  • CA BWGPL LHC-TownBWG-Muni-BWGCol-2016-10-28-08
  • Item
  • 1989-1992

View of Bradford from Holland Street West, looking eastward towards the Church Street intersection.

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library

BWG Heritage Matters -Trinity Anglican Church

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Chu-TrinAngBWG-2017-04-10-15
  • Item
  • 2017-03-23

This article was written by the Bradford West Gwillimbury Heritage Committee in commemoration of Ontario's Heritage Week. It briefly looks into the histories of the Trinity Anglican Church, and its neighbouring Rectory.

Miriam King

60 Church Street - Trinity Anglican Church

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-12-2017-03-17-13
  • Part
  • 1996

The original Trinity Anglican Church (located at 60 Church Street) was built in 1851 and then destroyed by fire in 1900. Eight months later, the current structure (built in the Gothic Revival style) was opened for service under the Rev. Canon Geor...

Nancy Smith

60 Church Street - Trinity Anglican Church

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-12
  • Item
  • 1995

The original Trinity Anglican Church (located at 60 Church Street) was built in 1851 and then destroyed by fire in 1900. Eight months later, the current structure (built in the Gothic Revival style) was opened for service under the Rev. Canon Geor...

Nancy Smith

168 Church Street - The Mark Scanlon House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-14-2017-03-18-17
  • Part
  • 1995

The Mark Scanlon House, also known locally as ‘The Pines’, is located at 168 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Queen Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1850 by Mark Scanlon. He was a lawyer and one of the ori...

Nancy Smith

168 Church Street - The Mark Scanlon House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-14-2017-03-18-16
  • Part
  • 1996

The Mark Scanlon House, also known locally as ‘The Pines’, is located at 168 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Queen Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1850 by Mark Scanlon. He was a lawyer and one of the ori...

Nancy Smith

168 Church Street - The Mark Scanlon House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-14-2017-03-18-15
  • Part
  • 1996

The Mark Scanlon House, also known locally as ‘The Pines’, is located at 168 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Queen Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1850 by Mark Scanlon. He was a lawyer and one of the ori...

Nancy Smith

151 Church Street - The Gummerson House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-12-2017-03-18-13
  • Part
  • 1995

The Gummerson House is located at 151 Church St. (on the southeast corner of Church and Queen Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival Cottage style around the 1880’s. The Gummerson family moved to Bradford from Bond Head (on the southwest co...

Nancy Smith

110 Church Street - The Scott House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-06
  • Item
  • 1996

The Scott House is located at 110 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Frederick Streets). It was built in the neoclassical style around 1870. The two-storey, rectangular main building has a symmetrical façade, a centre hall plan, an...

Nancy Smith

Results 1 to 10 of 25