Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 10 results Archival description

10 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Church Street - looking south

  • CA BWGPL LHC-TownBWG-Muni-BWGCol-2016-10-28-13
  • Item
  • 1989-1992

View of Church Street looking south. To the right is Trinity Anglican Church, and further down is St. John's Presbyterian Church. St John's was demolished and relocated to 10th Sideroad in 2003, and the site became Trinity's parking lot and expans...

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library

Hodgson, Elizabeth

  • CA BWGPL LHC-FamFil-PH3689
  • Item
  • 1917

This was probably on Church St. Note the wooden plank sidewalk. Elizabeth Hodgson was born in December 1898 and died in December 1969. Elizabeth Hodgson later married Ross Bell, and they had five children: Marguerite (married Gerald Roberts), Jean...

Doris (Bell) Campbell

Holland St., Looking east

  • CA BWGPL LHC-TownBWG-Muni-BWGCol-2016-10-28-08
  • Item
  • 1989-1992

View of Bradford from Holland Street West, looking eastward towards the Church Street intersection.

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library

New Trinity Church building

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Chu-TrinAngBWG-2016-11-16-02
  • Item
  • 1900-12-06

Article on the construction and history of Bradford's Trinity Anglican church. The opening ceremony was held on December 2, 1900.

Bradford Witness

Peter John Winterkorn Graduate

  • CA BWGPL GJ-SB 76-PH26911
  • Item
  • 1976-06-23

"Peter John Winterkorn, 227 Church St., Bradford, was admitted to the Bachelor of Arts degree by the University of Toronto and the University of St. Michael's College Friday, June 18. The degree was conferred for an English specialist program in c...

Bradford Witness

She missed the snow and cold

  • CA BWGPL GJ-SB 77-PH26809
  • Item
  • 1977-01-26

"Most people in Canada are dreaming of getting away from the slush and the snow, the freezing temperatures and those dismal cold mornings trying to start the car. A place like Australia, perhaps, with its perpetual summer and golden beaches. Lesle...

George Jackson

St. John's Presbyterian Church

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3225
  • Item

The Church was built in 1893 on the corner of Church and John Street, during the pastorade of Rev. F. Smith. It replaced a frame structure that was sold to the Anglican Church to be used for a parish hall in 1893, it was demolished in 1953. The ...

The Pines

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3234
  • Item
  • 1968

This home is located on the corner of Church and Queen St. It is an early Gothic style house with gingerbreading on the eves. It was made of a rare pink brick, possibly created in Newmarket. The house was built in 1850 by Mark Scanlon, a lawyer,...

Dorothy Cilipka

Trinity Anglican Church

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3221
  • Item

Located on the corner of Church and James Street. This church was built in 1900 after the original church was destroyed by fire. The first church was built in 1851 and burned down in April 1900. Rev. G.B. Morley was the first minister in the new ...

William Melbourne House

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3680
  • Item
  • 1978

Located on the corner of Church and Frederick Streets. Built around 1850. The Gingerbreading fretwork on the roof was a common architectural detail of this time.

Dorothy Cilipka