Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 41 results Archival description

Only digital objects

Church Street - looking south

  • CA BWGPL LHC-TownBWG-Muni-BWGCol-2016-10-28-13
  • Item
  • 1989-1992

View of Church Street looking south. To the right is Trinity Anglican Church, and further down is St. John's Presbyterian Church. St John's was demolished and relocated to 10th Sideroad in 2003, and the site became Trinity's parking lot and expans...

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library

Holland St., Looking east

  • CA BWGPL LHC-TownBWG-Muni-BWGCol-2016-10-28-08
  • Item
  • 1989-1992

View of Bradford from Holland Street West, looking eastward towards the Church Street intersection.

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library

Military History is recalled by Finding of Button

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Arti-2017-05-11-02
  • Item
  • 1958-08-20

"While working in the flower-bed at the front of the bradford Presbyterian Church this summer, Mr. harvey Curry dug up a small object which turned out to be a button off a soldier's uniform. A little rubbing revealed the number "30" inside a raise...

Bradford Witness

She missed the snow and cold

  • CA BWGPL GJ-SB 77-PH26809
  • Item
  • 1977-01-26

"Most people in Canada are dreaming of getting away from the slush and the snow, the freezing temperatures and those dismal cold mornings trying to start the car. A place like Australia, perhaps, with its perpetual summer and golden beaches. Lesle...

George Jackson

Peter John Winterkorn Graduate

  • CA BWGPL GJ-SB 76-PH26911
  • Item
  • 1976-06-23

"Peter John Winterkorn, 227 Church St., Bradford, was admitted to the Bachelor of Arts degree by the University of Toronto and the University of St. Michael's College Friday, June 18. The degree was conferred for an English specialist program in c...

Bradford Witness

Trinity Anglican Church

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3221
  • Item

Located on the corner of Church and James Street. This church was built in 1900 after the original church was destroyed by fire. The first church was built in 1851 and burned down in April 1900. Rev. G.B. Morley was the first minister in the new ...

New Trinity Church building

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Chu-TrinAngBWG-2016-11-16-02
  • Item
  • 1900-12-06

Article on the construction and history of Bradford's Trinity Anglican church. The opening ceremony was held on December 2, 1900.

Bradford Witness

Trinity Episcopal Church

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-04-27-11
  • Item
  • 1906

The article accompanying this photograph gives a quick history of the Trinity Episcopal Church, later known as the trinity Anglican Church at the corner of Church and James Streets. Rev. George B. Morley was the rector of this new building since t...

Edmund Garrett

Trinity Ang. Church history

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Chu-TrinAngBWG-2017-05-10-17
  • Item
  • 1965-11-17

Article about the history of the Trinity Anglican Church, written by its minister, Rev. E.R. Woolley.

Edward Woolley, Rev.

Results 1 to 10 of 41