Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 12 results Archival description

10 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

108 Moore Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-11
  • Item
  • 1995

The stately house located at 108 Moore Street (on the northwest corner of Moore and Frederick Streets) was built around 1880 in the Eclectic Gothic Revival style. Originally, it was the home of the Andrew Thompson family. He was the owner of a har...

Nancy Smith

123 Moore Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-12
  • Item
  • 1995

The building located mid-block at 123 Moore Street was built pre-1900 in the Gothic Revival style. It stood behind the grand, Italianate villa (The Convent) that was once located at 118 Barrie Street and was the home of the Lukes’ family. Original...

Nancy Smith

51 Moore Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-06
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 51 Moore Street was built post-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. The one-storey, three-bay ’cottage’ has a rectangular plan and a medium-pitched, gable roof. It has a simple form with a symmetrical faç...

Nancy Smith

56 Moore Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-07
  • Item
  • 1995

This house is located at 56 Moore Street. (1)

Janice Hopkins

65 Moore Street - The John Cook House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-08
  • Item
  • 1995

The John Cook House is located mid-block on the east side at 65 Moore Street. It is set well back and was built around 1880 in the Gothic Revival style. The building was owned by the Cook family for many years. Originally, a series of sheds ran al...

Nancy Smith

94 Moore Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-09
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 94 Moore Street was built in the 1920’s in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. It was once the home of the Simpkin family. George Simpkin was a plumber and electrician. His brother Robert was a policeman. On the...

Nancy Smith

95 Moore Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-10
  • Item
  • 1995

The house located at 95 Moore Street on the southeast corner of Moore and Letitia (later Frederick) Streets was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. George Ogilvie (a tailor) once lived here. A three-foot high, picket fence orig...

Nancy Smith

Cook, Mrs. Sarah obituary

  • CA BWGPL VS-1900-22253
  • Item
  • 1969-01-08

Event Date : Thursday, November 30, 1967 Event Type : Death Description : Bradford's oldest resident, Mrs. Sarah Caroline Cook, died recently. She would have been 95 next month. Born Sarah Mills in West Gwillimbury in 1874, she married John Gibso...

Bradford Witness

Corner of Queen and Moore Streets - Roman Catholic Church

  • CA BWGPL 2017-04-18-11
  • Item

This structure had a drive shed at the rear for stabling horses while the congregation attended church. The seating capacity was 125. The building had a simple 3-bay rectangular plan with a steep-pitched gable roof. Exterior buttresses and corner ...

Nancy Smith

Moore Street 1969

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3683
  • Item
  • 1969

The Kilkenny family first opened a furniture and undertaker business at this same location in 1842. Their primary business was in cabinetmaking when it first opened. Thomas Kilkenny is said to have introduced the first hearse to Simcoe County ar...

Dorothy Cilipka

Results 1 to 10 of 12