Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Affichage de 8 résultats Description archivistique

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives Seulement les objets numériques

2 Holland Street East - The Village Inn

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-24-02
  • Pièce
  • 1995

The Village Inn is located at 2 Holland St. East (on the corner of Holland and Simcoe Streets). There had been a hotel located at this site before the great fire of 1871. The building in this photo (1995) was built in 1920 in the Ontario Vernacula...

Nancy Smith

5 and 9 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-24-03
  • Pièce
  • 1995

The building located at 5 Holland St. East (near the northeast corner of Holland and Barrie Streets) has solid-brick construction. The office of veterinarian Dr. Stephenson (who lived on Queen Street across from the public school) was on the groun...

Janice Hopkins

15 and 19 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-24-06
  • Pièce
  • 1995

The building located at 15 Holland St. East was bought by Harold Boyd many years ago. He ran a pool room on the ground floor on the west side. He added a second floor above the pool room for living quarters. Jack Pong owned a restaurant on the eas...

Janice Hopkins

23/25 and 27 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-24-07
  • Pièce
  • 1995

The buildings shown in this photo are located at 21, 23, 25 and 27 Holland St. East. One of the buildings in this row was once a bakery and confectionary owned by Jack Madil. There were two ovens in the rear and a barn at the back of the property....

Janice Hopkins

32 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-25-01
  • Pièce
  • 1995

Ed Cave built the flat-roofed, cement building located at 32 Holland St. East. It was originally used as a milk creamery. Around 1934, Cousins Dairy (from Aurora) took over and put Roy in charge. A restaurant was added at the front that was run by...

Janice Hopkins

37 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-25-02
  • Pièce
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 37 Holland St. East was built in the Gothic Revival style in the 1880-1890’s. Originally, the left side on the ground floor contained an office occupied by grain buyers. It had a front door and a small window. The...

Nancy Smith

J. G. Gray Delivery Wagon

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-Store-2017-03-01-01
  • Pièce

Photograph of the delivery wagon for J. G. Gray's Grocer & Deli store, located on Holland Street East.

Bradford West Gwillimbury Local History

John Zampaloni Fruit Stand

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-Store-OS10266
  • Pièce
  • 1920

John Zampaloni's store was located at the corner of Colborne Street and Holland Street East. If you have any additional information about this photo or its contents please contact the library at 905-775-3328.