Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 6 results Archival description

6 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

2 Holland Street East - The Village Inn

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-24-02
  • Item
  • 1995

The Village Inn is located at 2 Holland St. East (on the corner of Holland and Simcoe Streets). There had been a hotel located at this site before the great fire of 1871. The building in this photo (1995) was built in 1920 in the Ontario Vernacula...

Nancy Smith

5 and 9 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-24-03
  • Item
  • 1995

The building located at 5 Holland St. East (near the northeast corner of Holland and Barrie Streets) has solid-brick construction. The office of veterinarian Dr. Stephenson (who lived on Queen Street across from the public school) was on the groun...

Janice Hopkins

15 and 19 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-24-06
  • Item
  • 1995

The building located at 15 Holland St. East was bought by Harold Boyd many years ago. He ran a pool room on the ground floor on the west side. He added a second floor above the pool room for living quarters. Jack Pong owned a restaurant on the eas...

Janice Hopkins

23/25 and 27 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-24-07
  • Item
  • 1995

The buildings shown in this photo are located at 21, 23, 25 and 27 Holland St. East. One of the buildings in this row was once a bakery and confectionary owned by Jack Madil. There were two ovens in the rear and a barn at the back of the property....

Janice Hopkins

32 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-25-01
  • Item
  • 1995

Ed Cave built the flat-roofed, cement building located at 32 Holland St. East. It was originally used as a milk creamery. Around 1934, Cousins Dairy (from Aurora) took over and put Roy in charge. A restaurant was added at the front that was run by...

Janice Hopkins

37 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-25-02
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 37 Holland St. East was built in the Gothic Revival style in the 1880-1890’s. Originally, the left side on the ground floor contained an office occupied by grain buyers. It had a front door and a small window. The...

Nancy Smith