Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 10 results Archivistische beschrijving

Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

9 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Buildings & Architecure L-Z

  • CA BWGPL JS-Vol3-JSC-v3-1620
  • Stuk

Contains articles and clippings related to the buildings and architecture of Bradford West Gwillimbury, from L-Z

Joe Saint

St. Paul's Anglican Church - Coulson's Hill

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Rel-2016-07-11-04
  • Stuk
  • 2016

St Paul's Anglican Church and cemetery of Coulson's Hill. The church was constructed in 1854, re-erected in 1889 and rebuilt in 1916.

Amanda Gallagher

Buildings & Architecure F-L

  • CA BWGPL JS-Vol3-JSC-v3-1610
  • Stuk

Contains articles and clippings related to the buildings and architecture of Bradford West Gwillimbury, from F-L

Joe Saint

2 Holland Street East - The Village Inn

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-24-02
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The Village Inn is located at 2 Holland St. East (on the corner of Holland and Simcoe Streets). There had been a hotel located at this site before the great fire of 1871. The building in this photo (1995) was built in 1920 in the Ontario Vernacula...

Nancy Smith

11 and 13 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-24-05
  • Stuk
  • 1995

There was a vacant lot located at 11 Holland St. East after the big fire of 1871. Dennis Nolan built an addition to his Model T Ford dealership (located at 9 Holland St. E.) on this vacant lot. Len Saint used cement to build the new structure and ...

Joe Saint

31 and 33 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-24-08
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The building located at 31 and 33 Holland St. East once housed an implement business run by Frank Allan and his son George. Leonard Saint and Sinclair MacDonald cemented the building and flattened the roof. There were four rental apartments upstai...

Janice Hopkins

15 and 19 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-24-06
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The building located at 15 Holland St. East was bought by Harold Boyd many years ago. He ran a pool room on the ground floor on the west side. He added a second floor above the pool room for living quarters. Jack Pong owned a restaurant on the eas...

Janice Hopkins

Old convent demolished

  • CA BWGPL LHC-TownBWG-2016-09-12-11
  • Stuk
  • 1994-08-03

"It's graced Barrie Street for over 118 years, but last week, the "Old Convent" met the fate it had evaded for so long and fell to the wreckers. Built in 1876, as the home of attorney and Reeve of Bradford, John MacLean Stevenson, it was one of th...

Bradford West Gwillimbury Times

Historic Buildings Album

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB
  • Bestanddeel
  • 1995-2017

This folder contains photographs of various historic buildings in Bradford and accompanying descriptions on each. The photographs are found in the Bill & Erica Marks Archive Room and were originally compiled by George Jackson and Joe Saint. The te...

Janice Hopkins