Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Mostrando 20 resultados Descripción archivística

20 resultados con objetos digitales Muestra los resultados con objetos digitales

111 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-02
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The mid-block building located on the north side at 111 John St. West was built around 1880 in the Neoclassical style. It was known locally as “The Edmanson Home”. Thomas Edmanson was an undertaker and a businessman who lived here for many years. ...

Nancy Smith

149 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-06
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The property located at 149 John St. West was once the site of a small, one-storey frame building with shiplap siding. It had a shed at the rear. Mr. Robinson lived here. He was crippled and played the violin on his knees. He particularly loved to...

Janice Hopkins

207 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-01
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

This one-storey, cove-sided house is located on a hill at 207 John St. West. It was built well and has been maintained well over the years. Originally, there were stables and a woodshed behind the house. It was once the home of the Robert Spence f...

Janice Hopkins

23 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-11
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 23 John St. West was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. It was the home of retired farmer Walter King (during and after the war) until his death. The one-storey, three-bay cottage has a rectan...

Nancy Smith

52 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-15
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The small, frame house located at 52 John St. West was built by Art Saint after World War II for his father (Frank) and sister (Lena). After Frank’s death, Lena moved to Toronto and the house was sold. (1, 2)

Janice Hopkins

51 John Street West - The Neilly House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-14
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The Neilly House is located mid-block on the north side at 51 John Street West. It was built around 1900 in the Eclectic Edwardian style. The structure was designed by the same architect who was responsible for designing Bradford’s Anglican Church...

Nancy Smith

57 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-16
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

This building is located at 57 John St. West. Originally, it was the site of a small, mud-brick house with a porch on the front (on the west side) and a frame kitchen in the rear. Roy Gordon, a lawyer, eventually bought the house and had it remode...

Janice Hopkins

156 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-07-2017-04-06-08
  • Parte
  • 1995

This house is located on the south side at 156 John St. West. It was originally a garage built by Merle Woodcock on his property. The structure was on the laneway that went to Holland Street. This laneway was a popular spot for sleigh rides when t...

Janice Hopkins

187 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-10
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

This house is located at 187 John St. West (on the northwest corner of John and Toronto Streets). The 1½-storey, frame building was originally clad in stucco and it had a kitchen and rooms upstairs at the rear. There was also a garden and lawn at ...

Janice Hopkins

96 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-04-05-19
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

This house is located on the south side at 96 John St. West. It was considered to be “new” when this photo was taken in 1995. Many years previously, this property was owned by Bill and Mae Fuller. (1, 2)

Janice Hopkins

Resultados 11 a 20 de 20