Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Mostrando 379 resultados Descripción archivística

379 resultados con objetos digitales Muestra los resultados con objetos digitales

168 Church Street - The Mark Scanlon House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-14
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The Mark Scanlon House, also known locally as ‘The Pines’, is located at 168 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Queen Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1850 by Mark Scanlon. He was a lawyer and one of the ori...

Nancy Smith

17 Barrie Street Ray's Sales & Service Ltd.

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-07-02
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The cement brick building (with an arch) that is located at 17 Barrie St. is not the original structure at this site. Originally, there was a large frame building (used to shelter horses, a stage coach, buggies, cutters, etc.) that was part of a l...

Joe Saint

17 Centre Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-17-09
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

This building is located at 17 Centre Street. (1)

Janice Hopkins

170 Barrie Street - The Gib Lukes House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-14-09
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The Gib Lukes House is located mid-block on the west side at 170 Barrie Street. It was built post-1900 in the Edwardian Classicism style. The garage at the rear where Gib Lukes parked his Stanley Steamer automobile is currently the building at 123...

Nancy Smith

178 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-15-04
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The mid-block building located at 178 Barrie St. was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. The one-storey, three-bay structure has a square plan and narrow window openings with low floor to ceiling heights. It also has a shallow-...

Nancy Smith

179 attend May rally of Presbyterian WMS

  • CA BWGPL GJ-SB 77-PH26842
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 2015-05-06

"The May Rally of the Barrie Presbyterian Women's Missionary Society held at the First Presbyterian Church, Collingwood, was attended by about 179 women. President Mrs. Forrest McKee, Collingwood, led using 'Let Your Light Shine' as her theme. The...

George Jackson

18 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-28-20
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The structure located at 18 Holland St. West is a unique, infill building. It was built in the Boomtown style around the 1890’s on a narrow lot that was originally a laneway the two adjacent buildings. It had a side entrance to the Queen’s Hotel s...

Nancy Smith

18 John Street East - The Morton House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-03
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The Morton House is located mid-block on the south side at 18 John St. East (between Barrie and Nelson Streets). There is a common laneway adjacent to the lot on the south side. The house was built around the 1860-80’s in the Gothic Revival Cottag...

Nancy Smith

184 Barrie Street - The Thorpe House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-15-06
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The Thorpe House is located mid-block on the west side at 184 Barrie Street. It was built post-1900 in the Eclectic Edwardian style. Miss St. Clair lived in this house many years ago. The two-storey, ‘L’-shaped building has a projecting, two-stor...

Nancy Smith

185 Holland Street West - The Turner House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-09
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The Turner House is located at 185 Holland Street West (on the northwest corner of Holland and Toronto Streets). It was built in the 1880’s in the Eclectic Gothic Revival style. The two-storey, ‘L’-shaped building has an asymmetrical façade. The g...

Nancy Smith

Resultados 61 a 70 de 379