Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Mostrando 22 resultados Descripción archivística

22 resultados con objetos digitales Muestra los resultados con objetos digitales

81 John Street West - Bradford Presbyterian Church

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-17
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The Bradford Presbyterian Church was once located at 81 John St. West (on the northwest corner of Church and John Streets). A Presbyterian church in Bradford dates back to 1856. The original frame building was built on this site and used until 189...

Nancy Smith

156 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-07-2017-04-06-08
  • Parte
  • 1995

This house is located on the south side at 156 John St. West. It was originally a garage built by Merle Woodcock on his property. The structure was on the laneway that went to Holland Street. This laneway was a popular spot for sleigh rides when t...

Janice Hopkins

20 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-10
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

This photo (from 1995) shows the remains of the foundation wall of a large, natural-ice skating rink that was once located on the southeast corner of Moore (Lovers’ Lane) and 20 John St. West. The rink, built in 1910, was owned by Thompson Fisher....

Janice Hopkins

9 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-07
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The building seen in this photo (from 1995) was once located on the north side at 9 John St. West. It was a long, one-storey, frame house with a verandah on the south side and a small porch on the east side (facing Barrie Street). Dick Crake and h...

Janice Hopkins

51 John Street West - The Neilly House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-14
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The Neilly House is located mid-block on the north side at 51 John Street West. It was built around 1900 in the Eclectic Edwardian style. The structure was designed by the same architect who was responsible for designing Bradford’s Anglican Church...

Nancy Smith

207 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-01
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

This one-storey, cove-sided house is located on a hill at 207 John St. West. It was built well and has been maintained well over the years. Originally, there were stables and a woodshed behind the house. It was once the home of the Robert Spence f...

Janice Hopkins

187 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-10
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

This house is located at 187 John St. West (on the northwest corner of John and Toronto Streets). The 1½-storey, frame building was originally clad in stucco and it had a kitchen and rooms upstairs at the rear. There was also a garden and lawn at ...

Janice Hopkins

156 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-07
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

This one-storey house is located at 156 John St. West. The original cladding was stucco and there was a kitchen at the back. Mrs. Belfry owned the building many years ago. After her death, Merle Woodcock bought (and repaired) the house. John Holan...

Janice Hopkins

149 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-06
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The property located at 149 John St. West was once the site of a small, one-storey frame building with shiplap siding. It had a shed at the rear. Mr. Robinson lived here. He was crippled and played the violin on his knees. He particularly loved to...

Janice Hopkins

139 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-06-05
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

This house is located at 139 John St. West (on the northwest corner of John and Essa Streets). It was built in the 1900’s by carpenter Dalt Coburn. Originally, there was a laneway behind the house that ran west to Toronto St. and a vacant lot next...

Janice Hopkins

Resultados 1 a 10 de 22