Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Mostrando 151 resultados Descripción archivística

149 resultados con objetos digitales Muestra los resultados con objetos digitales

15 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-02
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The mid-block building located on the north side at 15 John Street East was built around 1890 in the Eclectic Neoclassical style. It was the home of Miss Arnold, a well-respected member of the community, during WWI. Dick Saint had part of the hous...

Nancy Smith

129 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-05
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

Construction of the house located mid-block at 129 Barrie St. (and six others) was begun in 1912 by Lieutenant George Stoddart. When Stoddart went overseas during WWI, the project was completed by builder Art Saint. This house was built in the Edw...

Nancy Smith

147 and 149 James Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-22
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The mid-block building located at 147 and 149 James St. was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular style. The 1½-storey duplex has a medium-pitched, gable roof, a simple form, and a central entrance. An existing projecting, (enclosed) entrance p...

Nancy Smith

129 James Street - The Old Presbyterian Manse

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-20
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The Old Presbyterian Manse is located at 129 James St. (on the northeast corner of James and Essa Streets). It was built around 1875 in the Neoclassical style. It was being used as a manse at the turn of the century and has since been converted in...

Nancy Smith

117 James Street - The Isaac Coburn House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-18
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The Isaac Cobourn House is located mid-block at 117 James Street. It was built in the Arts and Crafts style in the 1920’s by a good carpenter for his family. The 1½-storey bungalow has an asymmetrical, ‘L’-shaped plan. There are wide, window openi...

Nancy Smith

67 James Street - The Broughton House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-14
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The Broughton House is a mid-block building located at 67 James Street. It was built pre-1900 in the Neoclassical Duplex style. This structure was the home of the Post Master (H.S. Broughton) many years ago. The two-storey, rectangular building ha...

Nancy Smith

48 James Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-11
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1995

The mid-block building located on the south side at 48 James St. was built in 1840-60 in the Ontario Vernacular style. The one-storey cottage was once the home of Mrs. Peterman. It has a rectilinear plan, a medium-pitched, gable roof and an asymme...

Janice Hopkins

185 Holland Street West - The Turner House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-09
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The Turner House is located at 185 Holland Street West (on the northwest corner of Holland and Toronto Streets). It was built in the 1880’s in the Eclectic Gothic Revival style. The two-storey, ‘L’-shaped building has an asymmetrical façade. The g...

Nancy Smith

92 Holland Street West - Bertha Sinclair's House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-04
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

Miss Sinclair’s House is a mid-block building located on the south side at 92 Holland Street West. It was built in the 1890’s in the Italianate style. Miss Bertha Sinclair lived in this house for many years. When she died, her nieces Kay and Isabe...

Nancy Smith

79 Holland Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-03
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1996

The building located at 79 Holland St. West (on the northeast corner of Holland and Church Streets) was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1890-1910. Wilton Johnson and Irwin Ray, retired farmers, once lived in this house. Wilton worked for ...

Nancy Smith

Resultados 61 a 70 de 151