Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Affichage de 18 résultats Description archivistique

17 résultats avec objets numériques Afficher les résultats avec des objets numériques

63 Frederick Street - The Dougald MacDonald House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-21-10
  • Pièce
  • 1995

The Dougald MacDonald House is located mid-block at 63 Frederick Street. The house was built pre-1900 (around 1882) in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. It was built by George (Geordy) MacDonald, a bachelor, stone mason, and contractor who emi...

Nancy Smith

28 Letitia Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-05
  • Pièce
  • 1995

This house is located at 28 Letitia Street. The street was named after Letitia Magee, the founder of the original subdivision in Bradford in the 1830’s. The name was later changed to Frederick St. to avoid confusion during emergency calls. This bu...

Janice Hopkins

Convent demolition to start this week

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-PH26598
  • Pièce
  • 1994

"Demolition of the old convent on Barrie Street was scheduled to begin this week. The site, north of Frederick Street, will be the home of a new multi-service facility. When it's done in March 1995, it will be 15,000 square feet in size and will a...

Rod Urquhart

Hunt, George Edward & Jaques, Betty Ann

  • CA BWGPL VS-1900-21003
  • Pièce
  • 1965-06-02

Event Date : Saturday, May 22, 1965 Event Type : Marriage Description : Betty Ann, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ronald Jaques, R.R. 2, Newmarket, to George Edward Hunt of Bradford, son of Mrs. Hunt of Bradford and the late Mr. Albert Hunt. The marria...

Bradford Witness

William Melbourne House

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3680
  • Pièce
  • 1978

Located on the corner of Church and Frederick Streets. Built around 1850. The Gingerbreading fretwork on the roof was a common architectural detail of this time.

Dorothy Cilipka

Methodist Manse

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3681
  • Pièce
  • 1978

It was used as the Methodist Manse until 1970. Located on the corner of Barrie and Frederick Streets. Built around 1885.

Dorothy Cilipka

Thompson's Hardware

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-Store-PH3690
  • Pièce
  • 1900s

Andrew Thompson first started the hardware store in 1865. He was born in Innisfil township, and first started a hardware store with a Mr. Kendall. He then bought out his partner, and the Driffill's Hardware store on the corner, and proceeded to ...

63 Frederick Street - The Dougald MacDonald House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-21-10-2017-03-21-11
  • Partiellement
  • 1996

The Dougald MacDonald House is located mid-block at 63 Frederick Street. The house was built pre-1900 (around 1882) in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. It was built by George (Geordy) MacDonald, a bachelor, stone mason, and contractor who emi...

Nancy Smith

106 Frederick Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-22-03
  • Pièce
  • 1995

This house is located at 106 Frederick Street. (1)

Janice Hopkins

151 Frederick Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-22-06
  • Pièce
  • 1995

This house is located on the north side at 151 Frederick St. (west of Essa Street). (1, 2)

Janice Hopkins

Résultats 1 à 10 sur 18