Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 93 results Archivistische beschrijving

Only digital objects

110 Church Street - The Scott House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-06
  • Stuk
  • 1996

The Scott House is located at 110 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Frederick Streets). It was built in the neoclassical style around 1870. The two-storey, rectangular main building has a symmetrical façade, a centre hall plan, an...

Nancy Smith

168 Church Street - The Mark Scanlon House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-18-14-2017-03-18-17
  • Deel
  • 1995

The Mark Scanlon House, also known locally as ‘The Pines’, is located at 168 Church St. (on the northwest corner of Church and Queen Streets). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1850 by Mark Scanlon. He was a lawyer and one of the ori...

Nancy Smith

83 David Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-20-04
  • Stuk
  • 1995

This house is located at 83 David Street. (1)

Janice Hopkins

62 Essa Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-21-03
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The house located at 62 Essa St. was once the home of the Metcalfe family. Mr. Metcalfe was a drover. (1)

Janice Hopkins

130 Essa Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-21-07
  • Stuk
  • 1995

This house is located at 130 Essa Street. (1)

Janice Hopkins

115 Hurd Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-22-13
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The house located mid-block at 115 Hurd St. was built around 1920-1940 in the Gothic Revival Cottage style. It was once the home of Aldie Robinson. The Waldruff family lived here years later. The 1½-storey, three-bay ‘cottage’ has a symmetrical fa...

Nancy Smith

129 James Street - The Old Presbyterian Manse

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-20
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The Old Presbyterian Manse is located at 129 James St. (on the northeast corner of James and Essa Streets). It was built around 1875 in the Neoclassical style. It was being used as a manse at the turn of the century and has since been converted in...

Nancy Smith

15 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-02
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The mid-block building located on the north side at 15 John Street East was built around 1890 in the Eclectic Neoclassical style. It was the home of Miss Arnold, a well-respected member of the community, during WWI. Dick Saint had part of the hous...

Nancy Smith

78 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-15
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The structure located at 78 John St. East was built by George Saint in 1900. The two-storey, frame house had a kitchen at the rear. When George moved to Toronto (around 1916), it became the home of Miss Minnie Parkhill for many years. She finally ...

Janice Hopkins

60 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-08-05-2017-03-08-06
  • Stuk
  • 1996

The mid-block building located on the west side at 60 Barrie St. was built pre-1900 in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. The one-storey, three-bay cottage has a symmetrical façade, a square plan, and a centre hall. A box hall was typical for t...

Nancy Smith

Resultaten 11 tot 20 van 93