Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 219 results Archivistische beschrijving

218 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

51 John Street West - The Neilly House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-05-14
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The Neilly House is located mid-block on the north side at 51 John Street West. It was built around 1900 in the Eclectic Edwardian style. The structure was designed by the same architect who was responsible for designing Bradford’s Anglican Church...

Nancy Smith

65 and 67 Holland Street West - Standard Bank

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-04-01-01
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The Standard Bank is located at 65 and 67 Holland St. West. It was built in the Romanesque Revival style around 1860-1900. O.M. Seim, previous owner of the Bradford Witness newspaper (1916-1932), and his family (Gordon, Ken, Marjorie, Maurice and ...

Nancy Smith

78 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-13
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The two-storey house located at 78 Simcoe Road was once the home of Bob Root, his wife Sarah, and children (Bill and Mildred). The family moved here from Newton Robinson many years ago. He was a pump maker and a repairman. Howard Robson, Evelyn, ...

Janice Hopkins

84 Williams Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-24-04
  • Stuk
  • 1995

This house is located on the west side at 84 Williams Street (at the top of Back Street). It was the home of Bob Root, his wife (Sarah), and children (Bill Jr. and Mildred). Originally, there were barns and sheds at the back and they kept cows, ho...

Janice Hopkins

150 Toronto Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-24-03
  • Stuk
  • 1996

The mid-block building located on the west side at 150 Toronto St. (on the corner of Toronto and Queen Streets) was built around 1890-1910 in the Gothic Revival style. The 1½-storey, original farmhouse has a recent, two-storey addition, a simple r...

Nancy Smith

87 Toronto Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-24-02
  • Stuk
  • 1996

The mid-block structure located on the east side at 87 Toronto Street was built around the 1870’s in the Ontario Vernacular style. It faces the lane and was once the home of Harry Bugler. The 1½-storey, rectangular building has a one-storey rear a...

Nancy Smith

56 Toronto Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-24-01
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The one-storey structure located at 56 Toronto St. was the home of Orville Hand for many years. (1)

Janice Hopkins

319 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-18
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The large, two-sorey structure located on the east side at 319 Simcoe Road was the home of George Peterman, his wife Sarah (Leopard) and his children (Ernest, Melville, Gurnard, Bertrand, Ila, Norma and Doris) many years ago. He bought Lowery farm...

Janice Hopkins

223 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-17
  • Stuk
  • 1995

This two-storey, frame and cement-clad house is located south of the “Y” at 223 Simcoe Road. Mr. Bruce bought this house and the land (which extended south to the town limits and over the canal) many years ago. A marsh laneway ran east and there w...

Janice Hopkins

205 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-15
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The two-storey house located at 205 Simcoe Road was bought and renovated by Mr. Bruce around 1928. Len Saint did the cement work and the plastering. William Ward and his family lived here later. He raised dogs and had a greenhouse and a garden at ...

Janice Hopkins

Resultaten 21 tot 30 van 219