Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Mostrar 160 resultados Descrição arquivística

Only digital objects

65 Moore Street - The John Cook House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-08
  • Item
  • 1995

The John Cook House is located mid-block on the east side at 65 Moore Street. It is set well back and was built around 1880 in the Gothic Revival style. The building was owned by the Cook family for many years. Originally, a series of sheds ran al...

Nancy Smith

94 Moore Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-09
  • Item
  • 1995

The mid-block building located at 94 Moore Street was built in the 1920’s in the Ontario Vernacular Cottage style. It was once the home of the Simpkin family. George Simpkin was a plumber and electrician. His brother Robert was a policeman. On the...

Nancy Smith

108 Moore Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-07-11
  • Item
  • 1995

The stately house located at 108 Moore Street (on the northwest corner of Moore and Frederick Streets) was built around 1880 in the Eclectic Gothic Revival style. Originally, it was the home of the Andrew Thompson family. He was the owner of a har...

Nancy Smith

27 Simcoe Road

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-21-02
  • Item
  • 1995

Alex Sutherland’s bakeshop was located at 27 Simcoe Road for many years. It was later sold to Howard Bowser. Howard converted it into a rental dwelling. The building was eventually owned by a market gardener who had a cement garage and storage bui...

Janice Hopkins

17 Barrie Street Ray's Sales & Service Ltd.

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-07-02
  • Item
  • 1995

The cement brick building (with an arch) that is located at 17 Barrie St. is not the original structure at this site. Originally, there was a large frame building (used to shelter horses, a stage coach, buggies, cutters, etc.) that was part of a l...

Joe Saint

31 Barrie Street Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Utilities Commission

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-08-04
  • Item
  • 1995

Allan (“Wink”) Crake, a nephew of Dick Crake, owned the one-storey building located at 31 Barrie Street. When Wink retired, Bradford Public Utilities bought the building and opened its offices here. There was a laneway behind Reuben Tindall’s hous...

Joe Saint

79 Barrie Street - The Davey House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-08-09-2017-03-08-10
  • Parte
  • 1996

The Davey House is a large, two-storey house located at 79 Barrie St. (on the northeast corner of Barrie St. and Scanlon Avenue). It was built in the Gothic Revival style around 1880. There was a two-storey, frame barn on the back of the lot origi...

Nancy Smith

105 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-01
  • Item
  • 1995

The house located at 105 Barrie St. was once the home of Dennis and Mrs. Nolan, their son James (a car dealer and salesman), and daughters Connie (a teacher at Bradford High School) and Aileen (also a teacher). Dennis Nolan was a Model T. Ford dea...

Joe Saint

111 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-02
  • Item
  • 1995

The house located at 111 Barrie St. was owned many years ago by Minnie (Spence) Hammel. It was rented to Alec and Mary Spence and Betty. When this house was built (before WWI), a wooden tank with a zinc liner was erected in the floored attic. Wate...

Joe Saint

135 Barrie Street - The Fred C. Cook House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-12-06
  • Item
  • 1995

The Fred C. Cook House is located mid-block on the east side at 135 Barrie Street. The house was built in the Arts and Crafts style around 1925 by Art Saint. It is believed that this lot was originally owned by Fred Stoddart. This was the home of ...

Nancy Smith

Resultados 111 a 120 de 160