Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Mostrar 23 resultados Descrição arquivística

23 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

170 Barrie Street - The Gib Lukes House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-14-09-2017-03-07-11
  • Parte
  • 1996

The Gib Lukes House is located mid-block on the west side at 170 Barrie Street. It was built post-1900 in the Edwardian Classicism style. The garage at the rear where Gib Lukes parked his Stanley Steamer automobile is currently the building at 123...

Nancy Smith

143 Barrie Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-14-02-2017-03-14-03
  • Parte
  • 1996

This is the front view of the house located mid-block on the east side at 143 Barrie Street. It was the last house built by Art, Tom and Len Saint after WWI. The building was constructed in 1925 in the Arts and Crafts style. It became the home of ...

Nancy Smith

The Purchase of Algonquin Lodge

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-OS8412-2016-11-16-03
  • Parte
  • 1910-04-28

"Masons, carpenters and painters have been for some time and are still at work at Algonquin Lodge, and "vaster than has been" are the improvements that are being made. This property was lately purchased from the Estate of the late Rev. E.R. Young ...

Bradford Witness

Gwillim statue left side detail

  • CA BWGPL LHC-SimGwil-OS10582-2016-08-29-12
  • Parte
  • 2016-06-12

Detail of the left side of statue, featuring the Georgina Church, circa 1796

Brenda Wainman Goulet

31 Barrie Street Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Utilities Commission

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-08-04-2017-03-08-02
  • Parte
  • 1995

Allan (“Wink”) Crake, a nephew of Dick Crake, owned the one-storey building located at 31 Barrie Street. When Wink retired, Bradford Public Utilities bought the building and opened its offices here. There was a laneway behind Reuben Tindall’s hous...

Joe Saint

10 Joseph Street (72 Barrie Street) - Dr. Blackwell's House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-10-01-2017-03-10-02
  • Parte
  • 1996

Dr. Gilbert Blackwell’s House is located on the southwest corner of Barrie and Joseph Streets at 72 Barrie Street. His office faced Joseph Street. The structure was built in 1935 by builder Art Saint in the Arts and Crafts style. The simple form h...

Nancy Smith

History of Bradford's Grand Old Lady

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-OS8412-PH25358
  • Parte
  • 1988-06-28

"Whatever becomes of this grand old lady, her colourful history will not be soon forgotten. When the Recreation Facilities Committee was formed consisting of Chairperson Ann Currie, Jim Culbert, Steve Boland, Ellen MacKenzey, Bill Germayne and Sh...

Bradford Gazette

66 Barrie Street - Bradford United Church

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-08-07-2017-03-08-08
  • Parte
  • 1995

Bradford United Church is located at 66 Barrie St. The structure in this photo was built in 1865 in the Gothic Revival style. There was an original church built on this site in 1851. The 1½-storey building has a rectangular plan, tall and narrow w...

Nancy Smith

184 Barrie Street - The Thorpe House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-15-06-2017-03-15-07
  • Parte
  • 1995

The Thorpe House is located mid-block on the west side at 184 Barrie Street. It was built post-1900 in the Eclectic Edwardian style. Miss St. Clair lived in this house many years ago. The two-storey, ‘L’-shaped building has a projecting, two-stor...

Nancy Smith

Resultados 1 a 10 de 23