Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Mostrar 25 resultados Descrição arquivística

25 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Working to Preserve Convent's History

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-OS8412-PH25356
  • Parte
  • 1987-03-08

Working to Preserve Convent's History Bradford - A lot of people are interested in seeing the empty building known as the old convent on Barrie Street saved, says one Bradford resident who is determined to do his part. Jim Culbert, known to thos...

Bradford Weekly

Convent demolition to start this week

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Arch-PH26598
  • Item
  • 1994

"Demolition of the old convent on Barrie Street was scheduled to begin this week. The site, north of Frederick Street, will be the home of a new multi-service facility. When it's done in March 1995, it will be 15,000 square feet in size and will a...

Rod Urquhart

The Pines

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3235
  • Item
  • 1983

"The Pines" a few years later. It is still well maintained.

Dorothy Cilipka

Marks House

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-2017-03-21-18
  • Item

When this photo was first printed, the negative was flipped (so the fence would be on the right side of the photograph). We have corrected the photograph here to show how the house was meant to look. Dorothy (Reeves) Marks is in front of the house...

Bill Marks

Algonquin Lodge

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-04-27-08
  • Item
  • 1906

This is Algonquin Lodge, later known as the Convent. it was the residence of Rev. Egerton R. Young in 1906.

Edmund Garrett

Greenview Farm

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-04-27-12
  • Item
  • 1906

Greenview Farm was the residence of Richard H. Crake, wheat farmer, and covered 212 acres in 1906. It was located on the "Bond Head Rd.", or Highway 88 near Sideroad 10. It was first the Tyrwhitt Farm, owned by Colonel Tyrwhitt of Bond Head, befo...

Edmund Garrett

Greenview Farm building

  • CA BWGPL LHC-BraPh-BW1906-2017-04-27-12-2017-04-27-13
  • Parte
  • 1906

Greenview Farm was the residence and farm of Richard H. Crake, wheat farmer, and covered 212 acres in 1906. It was located on the "Bond Head Rd.", or Highway 88 near Bond Head. It was first the Tyrwhitt Farm, owned by Colonel Tyrwhitt of Bond Hea...

Edmund Garrett

Convent Wood Decorative Moulding

  • CA BWGPL AR-2018-08-09-06
  • Item
  • After 1876

A piece of plaster decorative moulding recovered during demolition of The Lukes House/The Convent in August 1994. This house had various owners throughout its history. Most notably, Reverend Egerton Ryerson, Samuel Lukes and the Ursuline Order of ...

157 John Street West

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HB-2017-04-06-09
  • Item
  • 1995

This bungalow located at 157 John St. West originally had a woodshed on the east side. It was once owned by Bill Semenuk, until he and his family moved to Barrie. He was considered to be a good electrical, radio, and watch repairman. The house was...

Janice Hopkins

Animal Footprint

  • CA BWGPL AR-2018-11-20-02
  • Item
  • 1994

An animal footprint in a building brick. The brick is displayed on a wood mount with a gold plaque. The item was recovered by Bill Patton during the demolition of the Convent in August 1994.

Bill Patton

Resultados 1 a 10 de 25