Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 219 results Archivistische beschrijving

218 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

60 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-25-07
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The building seen in this photo from 1995 was once located at 60 Holland St. East. It was rented to several people over the years, including a relative of Bob McKinstry. Years later, Alec Dutcher moved here from the Clubine farm at the back of to...

Janice Hopkins

72 and 74 Holland Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-27-01
  • Stuk
  • 1996

This mid-block building is located close to the street (on the south side) at 72 and 74 Holland St. East. It was built in the 1870’s (after the fire of 1871) in the Neoclassical Duplex style. According to historic maps, it may have been one of a p...

Nancy Smith

89 Holland Street East - Saint/Marks House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-27-04
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The two-storey, frame house located at 89 Holland St. East was the home of Tom and Mary (Harman) Saint for many years. The structure was moved across the river to this site from the Thompson Smith Saw Mill (at Amsterdam) after it closed. A crawl s...

Janice Hopkins

61 Holland Street West - D.G. Bevan Insurance/ Scanlon Law Offices

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-03-29-07
  • Stuk
  • 1996

The building located on the north side at 61 Holland St. West was built in the Romanesque Revival style around the 1880’s. The Scanlon Law Offices building was originally constructed to house the law practice of the two Scanlon brothers. Albert "A...

Nancy Smith

113 Holland Street West - Art Saint House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-07
  • Stuk
  • 1995

Builder A.J. (Arthur) Saint and his wife Margaret once lived in the structure located at 113 Holland St. West. Art bought the house in 1931 and completely remodeled it. He added a walk-in refrigerator and a two-car garage in the old summer kitchen...

Janice Hopkins

185 Holland Street West - The Turner House

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-09
  • Stuk
  • 1996

The Turner House is located at 185 Holland Street West (on the northwest corner of Holland and Toronto Streets). It was built in the 1880’s in the Eclectic Gothic Revival style. The two-storey, ‘L’-shaped building has an asymmetrical façade. The g...

Nancy Smith

49 James Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-12
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The building located at 49 James St. was once home of the Simpkin family (plumbing and heating). It was the home of the Bateman family when this photo was taken in 1995. (1)

Janice Hopkins

68 James Street

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-15
  • Stuk
  • 1995

This one-storey house is located at 68 James Street. (1)

Janice Hopkins

129 James Street - The Old Presbyterian Manse

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-01-20
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The Old Presbyterian Manse is located at 129 James St. (on the northeast corner of James and Essa Streets). It was built around 1875 in the Neoclassical style. It was being used as a manse at the turn of the century and has since been converted in...

Nancy Smith

15 John Street East

  • CA BWGPL GJ-HistBuilding-2017-04-04-02
  • Stuk
  • 1995

The mid-block building located on the north side at 15 John Street East was built around 1890 in the Eclectic Neoclassical style. It was the home of Miss Arnold, a well-respected member of the community, during WWI. Dick Saint had part of the hous...

Nancy Smith

Resultaten 21 tot 30 van 219