Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Showing 50 results Archival description

49 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Gummerson House - 151 Church St.

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3214
  • Item
  • 1968

"The Gummerson House". Built about 1880. Please contact the library (905-775-3328) if you have any more information on this photo.

Dorothy Cilipka

Morton House

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3215
  • Item
  • 1978

Known as the George Morton House. Built between 1860 and 1880.

Dorothy Cilipka

21 Holland St. W.

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3216
  • Item
  • 1978

This is now the Evans and Evans Law Offices. Please contact the library (905-775-3328) if you have any more information on this photo.

Dorothy Cilipka

W. Curry Seed House

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3217
  • Item
  • 1968

This building was located on Holland St. E. The store pictured was owned by W. Curry who opened the business in 1943. Before Bradford Seed House opened, this building was a shoe store rented by Joe Coridan from Howard Bowser (Bowsher), an Englis...

Dorothy Cilipka

Village Inn Hotel

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3218
  • Item
  • 1967

The Village Inn is located on Holland Street East. The architect was Mr. William F. Sparling and it is an Old English or Tudor style building built in 1938. Mr. Sparling also designed the Granite Club, Masonic Temple and the Metropolitan Buildin...

Dorothy Cilipka

Folliott's Insurance

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3219
  • Item
  • 1967

These shops were located on Holland St. East, near Barrie Street. This building used to be Bracken's Drug Store, owned by Mr E.O. Bracken and part of I.D.A. (Independent Druggists Alliance). Mrs. Myrtle Bracken was a Public School Teacher. Today ...

Dorothy Cilipka

Thomas Driffill's Hardware Store

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3222
  • Item

This building was probably built around 1851. The Driffill family lived and operated a business in Bradford before 1867.

Dorothy Cilipka

Railway Station

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3223
  • Item
  • 1978

The Railway station was located on Bridge St.

Dorothy Cilipka

Town Hall

  • CA BWGPL DC-PH3233
  • Item
  • 1983

The Bradford Town Hall was built about 1862.

Dorothy Cilipka

Results 1 to 10 of 50